cpu fan header

TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
edited June 2003 in Hardware
okay so i have an Abit IS7 on the way, along with an SLK-900U and a Sunon 92x92x25mm fan. my problem is that the sunon fan doesn't have the little connector. so will this system boot at all without a fan there? i know they have an option for cpu-fan header warning in the bios, but i wasn't even sure it'd let me that fan. if not, i have a solution, it would just be a pain that i'd rather not have to do

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Well you could put any other fan and boot, change the option if it applies and then take the fan out.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yep,

If you make sure that the option is turned off for the fan warning, the system will boot fine. I have my Alpha Pal's delta straight off my power supply, not through my motherboard. Works fine.

If I remember correctly, the option is turned off by default with ABIT motherboards so you should not have a problem.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    it should work ...i think nowadays that bios feature defaults to off.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    Yes, but it is a good feature to have... If nothing else, I like to be able to monitor the CPU fan's RPM in MBM. You might consider looking around for a 92MM fan that has an RPM sensor.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    THANKS!

the way i figure it - if it runs too slow, i can see it in my temps

if it runs too fast - i can hear the damn thing

so either way i dont need the fan monitor, plus i always have trouble making my board correctly read the fan (in the past)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I think even if it won't boot, you can hold the insert key I believe. At least, my Soyo board used the insert key. :rolleyes: