From the horse's mouth: Ludo Show Columbia

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Community
Yea, straight from Ludo themselves on the show TiberiusLazarus and myself went and saw in Columbia, MO

columbiapic2.GIF

From Left to right in the boxed area are.

Friend Amanda, coworker/friend Dustin (those two are engaged), my big breasted coworker/friend Dee (yus, she is flashing Ludo), teh fatcat, TiberiusLazarus, and friend Alex.

Video of the show:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9DXCNL6ibc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9DXCNL6ibc&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

From Ludo:
"Got together in St. Louis Wednesday, made a couple of viral videos for fun, and then headed out on Friday for Columbia. Picked Nick up at the airport on the way. Rolled up to the back of the Blue Note where Dylan was patiently awaiting our arrival. The temperature had dropped about 30 degrees since we'd left St. Louis, and the clouds had chased all the sunshine away. Loaded in, soundchecked, set up merch, and then meandered down the street to Main Squeeze with the boys in Tally Hall, whom we hate. They are our least favorite band of all 1,200 we've ever played with. By far. They are horrible as people and as a band. I can't believe we let them play on our Columbia show. They are such crap. But we ate dinner with them anyway. Dicks. Got back to The Blue Note, and found that the show was selling out! What?! It was going to be our first sold-out show at The Blue Note!!!! Over 800 people! The largest Ludo-headlining show outside of St. Louis ever!!! High-fived and hugged Shags and Barrett out front and said hi to all the peoples lined up around the building. John Henry and The Engine went on first and rocked roilingly. Then Tally Hall got up, talked **** about Ludo the entire time, and were about as terrible as any band could be (because they are not talented and they are exceedingly dumb). Tally Hall are our arch nemeses, and we wish them nothing but sadness and trash. Anyway, we let the Blue Note staff clean off the stage after their set, so that their hideous filth wouldn't pollute our Ludoness, and then after a savvy intro from the tallest man in radio, we took the stage and blasted off a rocket of Ludo goodness and yarn-spinning musicdreams. Go-Getter Greg, Drunken Lament, Save Our City, Please, Topeka, Hum Along, Such As It Ends, Saturday Night Thunderbolt, Broken Bride, In Space, Good Will Hunting By Myself, Lake Pontchartrain, Epic, and Love Me Dead. After a brief chanting session, we did Girls on Trampolines, and I promised to high-five all 800 people as they left the club. I sprinted around to the front but only got about 300 high-fives. It was okay. It still felt like a lot. We signed stuff, took pics, and then packed up and headed out. But not before Convy's precarious positioning of the merch tacklebox led to the lavish spilling of hundreds of buttons, labels, rubber bands, pens, markers, and many other tiny Ludo necessities all over the floor. It took only about 25 minutes to clean it up. Thanked John from the club for running our merch so ably, loaded out, and started driving. We were ecstatic to have sold out The Blue Note finally! It didn't take long though for that ecstatsy to be replaced with the terrifying realization that we had to drive straight to Collegeville, Minnesota without stopping or sleeping, and pull right up to the gymnasium at St. John's where we would be playing Pinestock. Even with driving straight there, we were going to be three hours late for load-in."

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    Over 800 people! The largest Ludo-headlining show outside of St. Louis ever!!!

Woah, didnt realize they were so *AHEM* unknown, I heard em on the radio this morning so maybe theyll get big and be leik omg giv ludos ur stadiumz kthx.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe she flashed. Pretty sure they noticed and just didn't care.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Dee looks very friendly.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Dee looks very friendly.
    She seems really smart.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I'd like to see a better picture of her... intelligence...
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    sharkydart wrote:
    I'd like to see a better picture of her... intelligence...
    Is she going to the Lan, maybe you can quiz her. ;)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    haha.

come hang out with teh fatcat sometime.

she and our friend, Maranda are usually flashing someone, something, somewhere frequently.

god bless fake boobs and women who like to show them off ;)