Icrontic7 Fading Away - Crypto Retiring

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Folding@Home
If you look at the stats for Icrontic7, you'd probably think something is wrong. That assumption is incorrect. Icrontic7 is actually one of our more stable producers. What you're really seeing is a rig that is older than dirt and doing the best it can. Crypto is almost forgotten since we have never had to check up on him for as long as I can remember.

Icrontic7 is still folding but Crypto has decided to retire anyway. Since IC7 has been in his care forever... we thought it was best to let her fight on until her death. Her 88,000 points over the past 3 years without any long downtimes... AMAZING.

I'm Celebrating the End of a Great Rig and the Retirement of an Outstanding Host

:rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon:

THANK YOU CRYPTO

:rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon::clap::rockon:

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited May 2008
    wow CRYPTO = Super host, thanks for being an excellent host to IC7 :bigggrin:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Kudos for a long run!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    good work!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    "Old ICx hosts don't die, they just fade away...And remember, as all folders should, the team, the team, the team!"

Sorry, Q's thread title just reminded me of Douglas MacArthur when he gave his speech before his retirement.:bigggrin:

Thanks Crypto!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for hosting, sir!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Damn, this is the second time this week, you guys are dropping like flies. I certainly understand though, thanks for extra effort Crypto in being an excellent host. :)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2008
    Thanks, Crypto. The issue with PCs is that they are true examples of diminishing returns over time. However, though that seems like just so much more business, each unit counts and each, AFAIC, will hopefully have an ROI (Return On Investment, ftw) that won't diminish.

And you can take that to the bank. Again, thank you.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Crypto, from another member of the ye olde rig club! That's a great run! :fold:

Do ICx hosts get gold watches upon retiring? Just a suggestion :D