First projects

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Internet & Media
I started an internship this summer with a company called Realtime Technology, or RTT for short. They typically do automotive work.

They took a considerable risk on me, being that they use Maya and the Mental Ray rendering system exclusively and I am only versed in 3DS MAX. So this first week has been a huge learning experience for me, over the next week or so I'll be adding some other renders as I progress, but this is the result of my first experience in Maya:
camry.jpg

Render time is one minute, eleven seconds at 2560x1440 resolution.

I'd still consider this very much a work in progress though.

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    It's bull**** that ÐICKBUTT was banned.

PS - Is that a car? If so, looks very good for a "first timer" you lying bastard.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I can see some imperfections, but at first I did think it was just a real car. That is awesome for a first time design job on a new application and I know Maya is WAY different than 3Ds Max. That's a hell of a learning curve... change... :P
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Nice work.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited May 2008
    Very nice work :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    With all that shine going around, the wheels need some armor all. :p But seriously, nice work.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    For a first time go at Maya, very good job (I'm an XSI man myself, recent convert from crappy software). What did you base the model off of? Did you have plans, reference photography?

Awesome work. Sounds like a sweet gig.