LAN Helpers...

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Community
You have to love the IC-LAN's but when you're in charge, you tend to miss out on other stuff. As the LAN's have expanded every year, the main man misses more and more. What do you do when this happens? You delegate. Prime use to run the entire show... that included the gaming, the location, the food planning, the social gatherings... EVERYTHING. However, he realized that running everything is fine when you have 20 people but not when you have 30 or 40 people. Last year Prime handed me the responsibilities of coordinating the gaming accept of the LAN. I think everything went rather smoothly and just about everyone played at least once and 90% played a lot.

So... What is this thread for then? I've seen the plans for the LAN. Golf, food tour, duct tape competition, board games, Magic the Gathering card game, and the actual GAMING. I want to be able to try some things and not feel like I'm ditch'n the gamers. So, I'd like to delegate a bit of the power and glory to a few select individuals.

OK... I'm looking for a at least 3 and maybe as high as 6 volunteers for several positions. I looking for:

• Associate Tournament Coordinator - Full power to make any decision in absence of Tournament Coordinator. Will probably be in charge of a couple tournaments. This will be my right hand man (or women). I would like someone that plans on being there the entire time.
  • Deputy Tournament Coordinators x2 - Will assist with tournaments and help LAN folk when official tournaments are not scheduled. If someone asks for an impromptu tournament, the Deputy Tournament Coordinator can sanction it and reward the participants.
  • Server Admins x 3 - Setup and manage game server when their specific tournament is scheduled. They may be asked to set up impromptu tournaments if they are available. This position should not be very time consuming during the LAN if the server is configured properly beforehand. Knowledge of the particular game is desirable PRIOR to the LAN. (Server admin can also be a coordinator)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    seriously? comic sans?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    You no like?
  • LincLinc
    cuts self
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    cuts self
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    While my wrists heal, I went and removed Comic Sans from the font selection.

Forum Master Keebler is tough but fair.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    :p>:p>
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    RyderOCZ and I are in charge of the Golf event. It will be around 8/8:30am friday morning so we can get back in time for gaming. We cant get tee times until next week so I will let ya know the final details.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'd love to help out QCH but I'm not versed enough in any of the three to really be effective, I'm afraid. I've no experience with regard to how LAN tournaments are run and prizes distributed.
    edited May 2008
    I'll handle the training on the coordinators. The organization of the events should be laid out and there are no prizes for each tournament. Really, I need a few people that are willing to stand up and lead the flock into fragging!!!!
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'll handle the training on the coordinators.

Hey I'm not much a gamer so If I can help, I'm there.:)
    But I need to be free for beer pong and C&C 3 :D
    edited May 2008
    I'm asking for one or two of the 9 tournament slots with maybe one of those being in charge....
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I can help again. Wherever you need me. I won't be gaming as much as last year, but I can definitely assist.
    edited May 2008
    Cool...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If you're still short on help, QCH, and you don't mind showing me the ropes (and it won't chew into my gaming/socializing time, much) then I'll see what I can do for you.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    If you're still short on help, QCH, and you don't mind showing me the ropes (and it won't chew into my gaming/socializing time, much) then I'll see what I can do for you.
    Same here.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    ill be a Associate Tournament Coordinator i suppose, i did a bit of it last year.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I can help out some Q, I have played all the games so far on our games list so I know something about all of them.

I will most likely be leaving on the 22nd though.
    edited June 2008
    Associate Tournament Coordinator - Cyclonite. You are hired. We can work out schedules so we can game but also have some free time.

Deputy Tournament Coordinators -
    mertesn, FreeC8675, Dog Dragon... You guys are awesome!!! :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Associate Tournament Coordinator - Cyclonite. You are hired. We can work out schedules so we can game but also have some free time.

Understood. I won't be playing many games, So you should be able to game a lot.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Glad to help :)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:

No problem. Just give me a hammer and point me in the right direction.
    edited June 2008
    Magic WAS going to be my other #2 man until he quit.... but now he's back on board. So...

Associate Tournament Coordinator = Cyclonite, Magic
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    K