A CD Design for ya

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
I am doing this for class, it is a design for a Linkin Park CD I call "Final Hour". I am curious what you all think. This is the actual CD label, I am going to start on the Case covers next.

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited December 2003
    make the linkin park logo darker, it'd make it easier to read
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    I agree with baron. The linkin park logo is a little light.

Kinda have to search for it to find it.(in the sense it doesn't jump out at you.)
  • mikimmikim Berkshire, UK
    edited December 2003
    Looks good though!

What about a deep red instead of brown? Just a thought... "final hour"... I'm thinkin 'red'!:cool2:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Well, I agree with the logo not being out there enough. Been messing with it for HOURS today, and yet I can't get it to pop out. Darker does not work, only being lighter. I may have to trace it and give it some stroke or something so it can be seen better.
    edited December 2003
    That might do it..
    Sometimes it's hard to see what your trying to acheve with these things when you've been stareing at them for hours. Leave it for a while, and come back to it.... I find the answer jumps out then.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    It looks like you set it as a layer and used color burn or hard light on it.

You can tweak that layer by playing with the levels to remove some of the color definition, and enhance the shadows, which is what needs to be done.

You might also consider giving it a very faint outer glow on low opacity. Black.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    It has outerglow, I think I may have found a way to fix it though. I did take a couple hours off so I could watch Christmas Vacation, and then it came to me ;)

The biggest problem is keeping with the flow of what the image is supposed to be... What pisses me off, is that I created it in Illustrator and most of the work I put init hasn't even shown up. There are no fonts used in this image, it is illustrator work, and only 3 images which you see as barrels, nuke explosion, and bacteria...
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    I like it :thumbsup:
    edited December 2003
    I assume you mean Nat. Lampoons C.V.... classic movie!

Must have taken a while to create ya image not using fonts etc..?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    2 days and working....
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited December 2003
    Post the .ai file, RWB. :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Me no think so, it's MY work ;) And I want to ensure that it stays that way.