Ludo - Detroit - 05/12/2008

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Community
[figure]ludoswag.jpg[/figure]

A quick summary: teh Fatcat saved Ludo from bad beer by intercepting a Miller Genuine Draft and buying them Bell's Oberon instead.

We got a lot of swag and hung out with the guys for a while.

That's all for tonight. More tomorrow.

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Good save fatcat! Does Ludo owe you a "life debt" now? :tongue:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Tim, Prime, Keebs, Andrew, Fatcat:

ic_ludo_01.jpg
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Is Ludo coming to the LAN now?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    ****in' midterm. :grumble:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Awesome!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Good save fatcat! Does Ludo owe you a "life debt" now? :tongue:

haha, yus. I am just glad I was at the right place at the right time.
    Is Ludo coming to the LAN now?

no. Ludo will be in Arkansas the 19th, Texas the 20th, then off to Arizona.

Ok. So I spent probably 40% of the night with Ludo. Either talking with Tim Convoy about the tour, the moog, and the band. Giving Andrew ^5's whenever possible, since NO ONE IN DETROIT WAS GOING TO, cept the IC crew. Andrew was kind enough to remind me their concert in St. Louis IS IN 6 DAYS! (roadtrip Jimmy?) Marshall is badass. He was on his phone when I walked to the merchandise table, he saw me and pretty much threw his phone in his pocket and said hello. We talked tour, how Ludo was epic and crazy and I ended up buying a shirt right then and there also. and then there was the beer save......

I was headed towards the bar when I saw Matt Palermo about to order a beer. I said "hey what you ordering?" with intentions of buying it for him. Matt goes "oh I was just gonna get a MGD." I start shaking my head and go, no no no.

Matt says "Really? why not?"

I pull out my IC business card and hand it to him and tell him to read the 2nd line. 'Beer Connoisseur' A smile comes across Matt's face and says "That's a cool title, so what do you recommend as a good beer?"

I turn to the bartender and ask if he has any Bell's on tap. He does. Bell's Oberon.

I handed Matt the beer. He takes a drink. "Wow, that is a fantastic beer!"

fatcat smiled. I bought him another a little later in the night, as he pretty much has a band of females following him around (He looks 18, is hot, and is in a rock band)(yea fml). I also told him when he gets back to St. Louis to look up Boulevard Wheat.

"Thanks!"
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Anyone doubting the need for business cards, take note.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    haha, yus. I am just glad I was at the right place at the right time.

no. Ludo will be in Arkansas the 19th, Texas the 20th, then off to Arizona.

Ok. So I spent probably 40% of the night with Ludo. Either talking with Tim Convoy about the tour, the moog, and the band. Giving Andrew ^5's whenever possible, since NO ONE IN DETROIT WAS GOING TO, cept the IC crew. Andrew was kind enough to remind me their concert in St. Louis IS IN 6 DAYS! (roadtrip Jimmy?) Marshall is badass. He was on his phone when I walked to the merchandise table, he saw me and pretty much threw his phone in his pocket and said hello. We talked tour, how Ludo was epic and crazy and I ended up buying a shirt right then and there also. and then there was the beer save......

I was headed towards the bar when I saw Matt Palermo about to order a beer. I said "hey what you ordering?" with intentions of buying it for him. Matt goes "oh I was just gonna get a MGD." I start shaking my head and go, no no no.

Matt says "Really? why not?"

I pull out my IC business card and hand it to him and tell him to read the 2nd line. 'Beer Connoisseur' A smile comes across Matt's face and says "That's a cool title, so what do you recommend as a good beer?"

I turn to the bartender and ask if he has any Bell's on tap. He does. Bell's Oberon.

I handed Matt the beer. He takes a drink. "Wow, that is a fantastic beer!"

fatcat smiled. I bought him another a little later in the night, as he pretty much has a band of females following him around (He looks 18, is hot, and is in a rock band)(yea fml). I also told him when he gets back to St. Louis to look up Boulevard Wheat.

"Thanks!"

hahahaha, that's outstanding! Fatcat doing his duty as Beer Connoisseur. Yet another man saved from simple, tasteless beer.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Ha! awesome work fatcat.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    Andrew was kind enough to remind me their concert in St. Louis IS IN 6 DAYS!

That concert is not just Ludo! Its Pointfest. I might be up for it. I start working the next day, but it might be worth it.

Nice way to introduce Ludo to IC. Just don't start stalking them too much :wink:, or at least don't get caught.
    edited May 2008
    Bahahahah fatcat look:

Tour Diary. They want to know who you and your friend are! :p
    edited May 2008
    ic_ludo_02.jpg
    edited May 2008
    YUS!

Ludo on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9XlRVqL7cQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9XlRVqL7cQ&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    My DVR cut off only ten seconds before the Jackhole logo... I guess I didn't miss that much!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Damn, wish I lived closer.
    edited May 2008
    well there are ways around that..... you could always pull a keebler/fatcat/snarkasm and MOVE CLOSER TO ICHQ
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    niiiice fatcat. thats awesome that you guys hung out with them. im jealous.

get me some autographs when you go to st louis
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    That concert is not just Ludo! Its Pointfest. I might be up for it. I start working the next day, but it might be worth it.

Nice way to introduce Ludo to IC. Just don't start stalking them too much :wink:, or at least don't get caught.

OMG, both Atreyu and the Sick Puppies are also going to be at this concert. I might have to come too!

Laziness versus a great concert...AHH!
    edited May 2008
    OMG, both Atreyu and the Sick Puppies are also going to be at this concert. I might have to come too!

Laziness versus a great concert...AHH!

Yea St. Louis is closer for you than it is for Jimmy and I.

Jimmy, I'm buying tickets. Mine and yours, you can pay me back later. Well, ok I'm buying them this week, hows that? (Uncle sam needs to deposit my monies)
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    Yea St. Louis is closer for you than it is for Jimmy and I.

Jimmy, I'm buying tickets. Mine and yours, you can pay me back later. Well, ok I'm buying them this week, hows that? (Uncle sam needs to deposit my monies)

I'm up for it. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are my only days of vacation before I start working so might as well make them f****ing count, right!!!! :bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin:
    edited May 2008
    Jeanelle was too short to be seen here (she was next to Keebs) and teh Fatcat and I were off too far to the right to be seen.

So all we have is keebs

ludo_keebs.jpg
    edited May 2008
    nice, one hand of grabass, one hand in air

:life:
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    next time you meet up with ludo, toally be like 'BTW check out ICrontic.com, and meet ur cult following and be nerdy wit us! LOLOLOLOL'
    edited May 2008
    We gave them our business cards.
    edited May 2008
    We gave them our business cards.

O.O theres IC business cards? thats nuts
    edited May 2008
    BAICBC.jpg
    edited May 2008
    wow those are nice, lol

off topic, XD

im disappointed theyre dropping off warped tour before coming to orlando =(
    edited May 2008
    what prime means by "we" is Keebs and I because he forgot his.

...or did you have just one and ran out?
    edited May 2008
    so greg, what do Ludos playlists for concerts consits of? i would assume love me and and good will hunting, but what about lamb and the dragon of save our city or lake ponchartrain?
    edited May 2008
    Jeanelle was too short to be seen here (she was next to Keebs) and teh Fatcat and I were off too far to the right to be seen.

So all we have is keebs

ludo_keebs.jpg

sorry for double post, but does anyone else but me see the disembodied, floating head behind the fist of the girl in the front row with the red shirt's fist?