7600 GS 512mb... a little squeeze

garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
edited May 2008 in Hardware
i have this computer, my current actualy, a AMD sempron 2800+ 1.25gig RAM 400mhz and the GPU: a 7600 GS 512mb AGP 8x.

when playing on lan on my other PC - i really notice the difference between graphics. 2nd rig: intel dual core E8400 3ghz 2 GB ddr2 ram mhz800 XFX 8800 256mb ddr3.

i want to overclock the GPU of my old PC: any suggestions? advices? tips? of what should i use in OCing? increase coolers? mhz per clock i make? i wanna OC it without trashing it cuz my mom would really bring me in deep doo doo. i cant replace it when it makes wee wee (artifacts, crash down) just a litle squeeeezzzeeeee (wdyt of a 14 yr old's allowance T__T)

would be expecting replies!~ ^^

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13

This article applies to any NVIDIA card of the 7xxx series or better.
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited May 2008
    thanks thrax! now would be purchasing some cooling solutions, maybe putting RAM heatsinks. maybe i would just stop at a 25% increase. whew.. agh my heart still pumping

anyone tips there? specialy cooling and yeah, overclocking. Replies!!!!!
    (delete thread plz space taker)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    a Zalman VF900 if you want to replace the cooler, fairly standard and easy to get hold of. If you can't afford or don't want to go off the stock cooler then there is always paying the 10 dollars to get a case fan that goes in a PCI slot cover and sucks in new air and use that to push more air to the card. If you want to go higher end there is always the Zalman VF1000, Thermaltake DuOrb, and most anything form Thermalright(check frozencpu.com).

For OC vga software I use ATItool for testing and RivaTuner for changing settings. Only looked at NiBiTor to change vSettings for the card.
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited May 2008
    ahahaha... this is funny but XD... my OCing was like WTF. really a FCK
    i have clocked the GS from 400mhz to 525 and the 333 to 624. SUPER UBER STABLE. and then made some changes. when i was in the bios, something happened. dunno but it restarted itself. and when i looked, OMFG the bios file was not saved! aghhhhhhh burning that bootable CD was hard.. but atleast i had the experience! maybe im gonna try it in my 8800 GT after studying some bios saving matters that would make the GPU make it like factory clock. it just went back to stock clock T___T but yeah i have learned things XD. but im still gonna purchase a new cooler for my GPU. already found the vantec GPU cooling package. about the Zalman VF1000 really bad luck.. out of stock. i wish i could just borrow my mom's credit card for online purchase but she wouldnt let me T__T. but _k_ that cooler is baddass. maybe on making the 3rd PC >:)