Ode to the Antec Nine Hundred

edited June 2008 in Hardware
I never thought I'd say this but I am head over heels in love with a computer case. I've always been the type of guy that never saw too much need to spend more then 40-50 bucks on a case. I always told myself that all that really matters is what's happening on the screen and that the extra money would be better spent on other components. After purchasing a really lame $30 case for my recent e8400 upgrade and having a lot of headaches because of it I decided to invest in a decent case since it's the type of investment that doesn't need to be upgraded very often anyway. So glad I did. It's so quiet and gorgeous and it moves so much air. I love him. That's all. :)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    There is no better case on planet earth. Period. This case is the case to beat all cases. If all the cases lived in Tokyo, it would be the Nine Hundred emerging from the depths to sow chaos and destruction.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've had my eye on the CM 690 as a more subtle case with pretty decent airflow.
  • edited May 2008
    One other thing: the 900 is much more attractive in person than it is in pictures. I always thought it looked pretty drab in the pictures I saw. I've also never been too keen on the idea of a bunch of dazzling lights but the lights on the 900 are just right. They just add some nice accents without being too much.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    < 900 owner. Love it.

Thrax needs to write an article on IC on why it IS STILL THE BEST me thinks.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I bought this case about half a year before I started my new build cause its so sexy...just not enough room for dual loop water cooling.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    The big fan on top arrived DOA and I'm too lazy to return it. :bawling:
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've got a 900 too and I fricking love it. Keeps everything nice 'n cold, airflow is great although the cable flow is not, mine looks like an explosion in a mess factory, and that's after tidying them up :( Still, I love it... Although I could do without having to take the side of the case off every time I want to change the fan speed (No I'm not noise schizophrenic, I have my reasons to change it when I do :tongue:)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I like it because it looks good, and doesn't sound like a blowdrier like my old case did. I just wish the LEDs weren't quite so bright.
    edited May 2008
    You know you can replace them with different fans, right? :tongue: Mine's quite loud, but I s'pose mine is using every fan slot with variations of high and low settings xD
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    meh
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've got 2 of them and I'm supremely happy with both of them.
    edited May 2008
    Although I wouldn't say no to a 1200 :tongue:
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    The only change I would like, and a power tool will fix it sooner or later, is to have some cut outs on the MoBo tray next to the PSU and two along back edge so I can run cables behind and make everything neater and get better airflow.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited June 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Although I could do without having to take the side of the case off every time I want to change the fan speed (No I'm not noise schizophrenic, I have my reasons to change it when I do :tongue:)

Get yourself a fan control to fit in one if the 5.25" bays turn the fans up max on the inside and use the controler to adjust. :)
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited June 2008
    I have this case for a server I built. Works great and I'm so glad I bought it! For my clients I use the Sonata II / III cases and they work great.
  • edited June 2008
    I long for it. I've heard nothing but good reviews over any Antec case, which makes me hot. The lights look pretty nice too. Not a LAN UFO sighting. ;)