Filling all 4 dimms on p35?

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Hardware
Im switching to a DFI board and im leaning towards the lanparty dk p35. I am going to run 4 gigs of memory. I already have a 2gb kit (2x1gb) and was wondering if i should just get another 2x1 or get a 2x2gb. Will running 4 sticks effect overclocking or stability?

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Yes, 4 sticks is harder to OC than 2. If you can swing it. I would sell the 2x1GB and get an 8000/8500 2x2GB kit, that is the best case scenario.

If not, you can still get good results with 4x1GB, but they will be a bit lower overall.

If you can swing the UT board, it is a god of an overclocker.

Thrax does very well with the DK board though too. I think he is 500x7 at 1:1 24/7.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Yep. Amazing board. I know it has more headroom. My chip is limiting me at 500. No adjustments of any kind, other than a vcore bump, to get to 500*7. Not bad for a july '06 Conroe. ;)
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited May 2008
    typically i like to fill all 4 dimm's but if you're oc'ing then ya, as ryder said, the more ram you have, the harder it is to oc... main thing, is just to get good quality ram, that's going to make the biggest difference as im sure you know