Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    You look good. Never looked at Asus's sound cards but that thing looks stable and well built and the reviews are impressive on it at a glance. The RAM if you spend 10 more dollars you can get 5-5-5-15 RAM or if you bump it up to c-note you can get some CAS4 ram that will do 4-4-4-12. But either way if you set it up for a 1:1 you drop your RAM speed and get better timings any who, its just me being picky. Looks like you got yourself a winner there.
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited May 2008
    looks pretty good to me, if i were you though i'd go with XFX for your 8800, simply because XFX has lifetime warranty covering anything you do to the card except physical altering of the card, zotac only has 2 year warranty, which is still good, but lifetime will add resale value for later upgrades, just somethin to throw around, but that looks pretty good to me
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2008
    I'd ditch the Asus card and either use integrated, or pick up a Creative X-Fi Gamer. They're fairly cheap now days.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    The Asus card is better than either you suggested for various reasons, unless cost is a concern.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    The Asus card is better than either you suggested for various reasons, unless cost is a concern.

agreed
  • RatBurger08RatBurger08 Corpus Christi, TX
    edited May 2008
    you could get a 9600 for roughly the same price though, and an AMD triple core for cheaper.. Just my 0.02 though, i'm an AMD outcast lol
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    gskill has a 4gb kit of ddr1000 for like 10 bucks more, would make overclocking a bit easier on you.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008