A potential bump in the plan...

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Community
Before I say anything, you must under stand that NONE of this is fact/set in stone yet.

I put in my request for the days off of the LAN. A few days ago I got an email from my supervisor saying that due to others being off, she was unable to give me my requested days off.

I was slightly pissed, to say the least.

Then she sent me another email saying to stand by - that she was trying to work things out and give me the requested days off.

I sent her an email back saying I'd do whatever it takes to help make it work out. I suggested that IF absolutely necessary, I could work a 3:30-9pm shift on Thursday and leave for the LAN that night, or work a 5-midnight shift on Sunday. Those were the only 2 days I was willing to compromise for her, and I told her that it was if absolutely necessary that I'd do it.

As mentioned, none of this has been solidified yet. I'm awaiting a reply from her (I'll probably get an email tomorrow morning). Our night time director is on vacation that week, and since we've got such slim staffing, I think that's where the problem is at. But I'm confident I'll get all of the days off in the end, we'll work around it somehow. I'll be darned if they keep me from this LAN.

What this means for Weezer, Kingpin, and Bindlestick - I ask that you guys roll with the punches on this one. Assuming, of course, that I have to work a day early or late of the LAN, I'd prefer that we all ride together to save on gas money.

Again, this is all speculation at the moments. Details at 11.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Shenanigans.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Noooooooooo dude! < guilt trip > I am flying 3000 miles to hang with you. Do what you got to do to make it happen! < /guilt trip >
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited May 2008
    Shorty is flying accross the ocean to get to ICHQ. I am flying in (despite it not being so far) from California. Just because you've been to ICHQ, doesnt mean you dont have to go when everyone else goes.

I hope that made sense.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    OW! ow ow owwww!

Guilt trip pangs in my sides!

Still awaiting on an email. Again, I'm almost certain this will completely work out. If not, I will drive myself down to the LAN even if I only get 2 days off. I WILL be there.

I may just quit my job and pull a little :life:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Indeed... Screw the job, IC Lan is much more important!! My 1500 mile flight seems to be much smaller when compared to the others...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Quit & move closer. Write for us. We all win. ;)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Shorty wrote:
    Noooooooooo dude! < guilt trip > I am flying 3000 miles to hang with you. Do what you got to do to make it happen! < /guilt trip >
    Shorty is flying accross the ocean to get to ICHQ. I am flying in (despite it not being so far) from California.

Both sufficient guilt trips to work on me:bigggrin:.

I got my fingers crossed for ya lynx, if it doesn't work out then just forge your own way to the LAN, job or no:tongue:
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If it doesnt work out, I'm leavin you behind,
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    FIXIT
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Make it happen.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    OW! ow ow owwww!

I mean.. don't get me wrong it's not big deal. I only get a chance to visit ONCE A YEAR and lets face it.. I am only travelling 3000+ MILES to hang with ya.

So don't feel any pressure like :D