stepping out for a week

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
I'll be off supervising a week of camp this coming week from Sunday to the following Sunday, so no internet access is likely. You all be good now and fold on, ya hear? :cool:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Have a good time and dont be too hard on them.

What kind of camp is it btw.
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    Have a good time and dont be too hard on them.

What kind of camp is it btw.

dont be to hard on them?? ,,,, come on General, be like MY camp supervisors and put the fear of god in them little kiddies :) .. no use being a General if you dont rule with an iron fist :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Ahh your right. Make em feel some REAL PAIN!!;D;D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    cold showers and horror stories before bedtime I say!!!
    Oh yes ...and take the opportunity to educate them on our stanford project as well!!!! :fold:
    see you in a week!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Hehe, I'll try that, csimon :)

It's my old boy scout troop's summer camp. I try to help them out when I can still.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    One of my nephew's is really into scouting. It has done him a world of good. He didn't have any real disciplinary problems, just a typical 12-year-old kid with too much energy.

Scouting provides him with a good way to channel that energy into something constructive. You'll probably have your hands full, Keebs, but I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Prof

PS: I was going to volunteer at a Nudist camp, but they wouldn't have me...:D

PPS: If you haven't done so already, please give us your input in the Short-Media Recommended Utilities thread under General Software!!!:nudge:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2003
    It seems like most nudists are very fat or very old, so even though you're kidding, you probably wouldn't want to join if you could.

A guy that used to work for my dad was *very* into nudist camps. He was about 6'2" or so and maybe 320lbs or more. When he first started working for my dad he didn't take showers so he came in smelling like a toilet. It was so bad you could barely stand to be in the same room with him so my dad explained--to this grown man--how to properly bathe! But I digress . . .

Anyway, when I think of nudists/nudist camps, I think of him. :(
    profdlp said
    PS: I was going to volunteer at a Nudist camp, but they wouldn't have me...:D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    ...you're right about the fat/old thing.

This reminds me of a picture floating around showing the difference betweens fantasy and reality concerning men's lesbian fantasies.

The fantasy picture shows your typical Penthouse soft-focus lace and frills femmes.

The reality picture has a couple of old gals who look like they used to play Defensive Tackle for the Packers.

Nudist camps are probably one area where it's better to preserve your fantasies by not ruining them with reality.

Prof:D

PS: I am most certainly not attacking anyones sexual orientation - just the (often erroneous) perceptions our fantasies often lead us to.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2003
    No joke!

Watch Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson. You'll see your fantasy! :D:D:D:D
    profdlp said
    This reminds me of a picture floating around showing the difference betweens fantasy and reality concerning men's lesbian fantasies.

The fantasy picture shows your typical Penthouse soft-focus lace and frills femmes.

The reality picture has a couple of old gals who look like they used to play Defensive Tackle for the Packers.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    So is anyone actually missing him :D

:beer: Hope you are having a good time Matt :cool:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    So Shorty, how do you post for times at once?
  • edited June 2003
    Heh... He just doesn't like how much further ahead mm is in post count and is trying to play catch-up.:nudge::eek::p
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Awwwwwwwwww crap :eek: my net was getting packet loss. Thought it wasn't workin :rolleyes:

/me hits delete button :D