LCD issues?

edited June 2008 in Hardware
When I turn the power on for my LCD, the light on the power button comes on/turns off a couple times and then turns off completely, then the monitor starts flickering kind of. The screen remains black but you can tell it's kind of flickering.

This has been happening for a while, but I've put up with it because when I pulled the plug and then put it back in about 10-15 later, it would turn on. Recently, though, it hasn't.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced something like this with their monitors? I've only had this monitor for about 1-1.5 years, so I don't feel it's old enough for it to die out on me yet, but that's what it looks like. Any other issues that might be causing this by any chance? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S.: when i pull out the monitor connection to my computer and turn the monitor on, the power button just turns orange. so yeah...

at any rate, thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Symptoms such as these *usually* stem from one of two problems: backlight failure which starts with prolonged flickering and/or red tint hueing before you no longer get an image OR flyback transformer/inverter problems wherein the screen goes completely blank with few warning signs. I had a Viewsonic go the way of flickering & red-purple clouding -> backlight failing. You could gently tap the side of the panel with your open hand and make it flicker as though there was a short before the thing went completely black. This went on for 3-4 weeks before it quit working. Either way, the central issue is do you still have any warranty to fall back on? Though I build my own computers, I would not be comfortable attempting a DIY repair on an LCD. You might find someone who is though I would check my warranty coverage first. Also, it doesn't matter how young or old an LCD is, they can fail at any age. GL!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Had an AOC LCD that did that. Opened it up, and most the caps on the PSU were blown. I'd definitely see if you're still under warranty, as they're not typically cheap to replace.