Weird spazzy graphics flickering and flashing. :(

edited May 2008 in Hardware
So I had a new(er) video card installed in my PC to help with the lag and choppy ickyness in an MMORPG I've been playing. The problem is, after installing it, and starting up the game....this is what the title screen looks like.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2a76iki.jpg

What the heck!
And it's not stationary like in that screenshot, the spazzy graphics flicker, flash and move all over the place and it's painful on the eyes. :eek:

Video Card: NVidia GeForce4 MX4000

PC: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
1.66 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

I know this card is really old but it's newer than the old one and is 64mb versus my old 32 one. It's weird because I managed to log in even with the spazzy flashes and moved my character around a teeny bit, and I could tell she was moving when I actually clicked to move unlike my old card where everything was delayed. I'd really like to keep this video card if there is some way to fix the spazzy graphic weirdness. Any ideas? :confused:
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it's not an emergency and graphics was the only place I could think to put it.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2008
    Simple: The card's bad.
    Complex: The HAL T&L functions are probably damaged due to unclean power, static damage, or overheating.
  • edited May 2008
    Ah, thanks for the reply. I'm gonna try to find a new card then.
  • edited May 2008
    Well, I got a better card. Got one out of a different PC, it's a Nvidia GeForce FX5600 XT 256 MBs AGP 8x card. Tested it in the other PC first, with the game, and it worked really well. No lag, everything was smooth, etc. Got the card in my PC, installed all the latest drivers and whatnot, and now the same thing (sort of) is happening. It's just not quite as bad as the 64mb card.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2uh1hkg.jpg

That's what it looks like. It's flashing around, and it varies from big chunks like that to small lines flickering in the background. Also, we put the 64mb in the other PC, and it's working okay in it. I guess something in my PC is messed up no matter what card I have. I can't play on the other PC, they just let me use it to test it. Any ideas of what could be messed up? Thanks for putting up with all my questions and problems.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2008
    Ok, It looks like your GART (AGP driver interface) may not be set up, or the port is dirty. Airdust the hell out of it, and make sure your chipset drviesr are update.