short fall for max payne?

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Gaming
:scratch: is it just me or is Max Payne 2 really short. It didnt take me nearly as long to play through the game as the first. Only 3 chapters...didnt the first have like 8?...it was still a fun game just ended way too soon..

what are ur guys opinions?..

Comments

• Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    I got to chapter 2 in my second night of playing, yet I haven't had a chance to get back to it :(

But from what I have played I like it. Haven't used the new bullet time too much. I still like the old school way of doing it ;)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, it's a really short game. Even though It has more scripted parts and a more indepth story.. you can still whip through it ;)

It does get harder as the game progresses though..
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    the end of the credits say there will be more max payne...just i was like...i need more!!...now!!...more more....

guess ill just play the new york minute and dead man walking for awhile..
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, it was too short. I do like that it was somewhat harder than the first, I found that one to be waaaay too easy.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2003
    is there any way to play online or once you beat it your just sol?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    no multiplayer bud :(
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2003
    no good
  • RPG-guruRPG-guru Onekama, Michigan
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, its a bit short, but man does the game kick ass.
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited December 2003
    Yup Max Payne 2 was indeed short.
    But it was action all the way.

And they didn't copy paste levels, unlike Halo.

I would rather have a short game that is intense compared to a long and boring game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I guess I'm the only one that was bored stiff by this game.

I felt like I was playing Max Payne 1, which in and of itself, I never found impressive, all over again.

Run, open, bullet time, dive, kill, stand, repeat. Throw in some gothic cutscenes, disorienting camera angles, and the droll depressed voice of Payne.. You've got a new game it seems.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    The game "getting harder" is a personal point of view. I walked stright the the hardest mode of the game, rarely using more than one save, if any, and completed it in about 4 and a half hours. Just for the record, I didn't just run through it or anything. So I have to agree, it was way too short.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    Don't you know? Developers think that most people prefer shorter games with more hard hitting interactive content. Bullet time is just so knock-your-socks-off isn't it...
  • edited January 2004
    Very short, but it kicked ass all the way. Thoroughly recommended. Can't wait for the kung-fu mod. Also any game which lets you jump sideways in slow-mo while blazing dual ingrams has got to be worth a look right?

screen_s01.jpg
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Untill you realise that the ingrams are infact complete crap and there really isn't any point using them :)

Either a single Desert Eagle or Colt on single shot got me through the game no problem, just go for head shots every time (single shot, single kill).