Silly Scouter Questions

edited June 2008 in Gaming
what benefit, if any, does having more scouter have defensively in your village? like every so often i get scouted by a 5 man scouting party and i usually have 2 scouts in my village for scouting purposely only. and i'm only able to kill off like 1 of them. so like have like 10 scouts, would that have allowed me to kill all their scouts off?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Also, what is the difference between raiding with the scout and normal attack when just trying to scout?
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited June 2008
    Hello! Most of the "Knowledgeable people" are asleep.... so I'll give it a shot :)
    sakurakun wrote:
    what benefit, if any, does having more scouter have defensively in your village? like every so often i get scouted by a 5 man scouting party and i usually have 2 scouts in my village for scouting purposely only. and i'm only able to kill off like 1 of them. so like have like 10 scouts, would that have allowed me to kill all their scouts off?

Yes! The more scouts there are in the defending Village, the more of the "attacking" Scouts will die! If you kill them all, the attacker won't get a report at all. This is why we're asking for Scouts to SC1 at the moment, we killed some of Palmer's troops so he may well try to find out what he's up against- We're happy with him NOT knowing :D !

Yugure Ame wrote:
    Also, what is the difference between raiding with the scout and normal attack when just trying to scout?

As far as I know.... no difference at all with Scouts! I always use raid though!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Yugure Ame wrote:

No difference. They both allow you to scout either resources and troops, or defenses and troops.
  • edited June 2008
    Here is another scout question... Does improving your scout units in the blacksmith improve their scouting abilities against odds? And does improving them in the armoury improve their ability to foil enemy scouts?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Scouts... DO NOT UPGRADE IN BLACKSMITH. Since scouts have a zero and increasing that 10% is still Zero. Armour only. Take this example... 500 teuton scouts raid a gual with 300 pathfinders... 100 of the scouts will die. At lvl 20 armoured pathfinder will wipe out 214 scouts. Now, put up a lvl 20 wall... all 500 scouts die.
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks Q. very good info to have... I may make a village and dedicate it to scouts now.
    edited June 2008
    By server end, we had 5000 lvl20 scouts in major villages behind lvl20 walls. It would take over 6200 scouts in order to get 1 to live. :wow2:
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Scouts... DO NOT UPGRADE IN BLACKSMITH. Since scouts have a zero and increasing that 10% is still Zero.

WRONG

Also, it's 1.5% per level, not 10%...
    I direct you to the main Travian forum, where one of the regulars decided to end that myth once and for all:

http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18141
  • edited June 2008
    WRONG

Did anyone else just imagine muffin as a big scary guy who jumped on the dinner table during a debate?
    edited June 2008
    I never said 10% per level... I was just throwing out a number. A level 8 or 9 blacksmithed scout is about 10%.

As for the link you provided... I'm not a math wiz but zero increased by 1.5%, or any percentage, with always result in a.... ZERO.

Now, why the combat sim indicates that a blacksmith DOES work doesn't necessarily mean it does in real battle. Besides, a lvl20 blacksmithed scout only saved 20 scouts. As it was pointed out... 10,000 level 20 scouts cannot kill a single macemen.

I'd recommend only upgraging scouts after you've upgraded everything else unless scouts are the primary troop you build in that village (aka a scouting village).
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited June 2008
    ... and if your wheat is limited, that's a bit later on, but when you're pressed or space for scouts and troops in general, improving their quality becomes more worthwhile.