Memory REFUSES to be set to 400MHz

panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
edited June 2008 in Hardware
I have a stick of Adata RAM that is rated to 800MHz at timings 5.

However when I set this in the BIOS of my Gigabyte P35-DS3L Motherboard, it refuses to take. I have the F8b BIOS. It always resets down to 333 MHz. I cannot get above 2.66MHz on my E6750 CPU.

A few weeks ago I WAS able to set it to 400MHz, but now i cannot. Any idea why its doing this to me? I tried reloading optimized, restarting, and then setting the memory clock to 400, no go. I tried lowering multipler to 6, still won't stay at 400MHz.

I'm totally baffled by this.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Are you trying to set the memory at 400MHz, or the FSB at 400MHz? Or both?
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2008
    I want the FSB at 400MHz. I did remember to set the multiplier to 2.0, but it still goes back to 333 x 4 (I'm want to get my CPU to 3.2GHz)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    #1, Did you increase the voltage to the CPU?
    #2, Did you increase the voltage to the memory controller (g)MCH?
    #3, What memory timings did you try to use?
    #4, 2 multiplier? You mean the ram multiplier, right? Do you have choices with a letter behind them? 2A, 2B, 3.2C, etc?
    edited June 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    #1, Did you increase the voltage to the CPU?
    #2, Did you increase the voltage to the memory controller (g)MCH?
    #3, What memory timings did you try to use?
    #4, 2 multiplier? You mean the ram multiplier, right? Do you have choices with a letter behind them? 2A, 2B, 3.2C, etc?

1. I tried raising Vcore to 1.35, and it makes no difference.

2. +.1

3. 5,5,5,18

4. No, it only goes up in x.5 increments
  • edited June 2008
    I had my DS3L do weird crap on me at one time. No matter what fsb speed I would set in bios, it would boot at the processor's default fsb speed. IIRC, what I did to correct this was to power down, unplug it, take the battery out of the mobo and set the clear cmos jumper to clear it. I left it like that for an hour or so then put the battery back in and reset the cmos jumper back to normal running mode and booted back to bios. I was then able to to overclock it normally. You might try this and see if it helps.
    edited June 2008
    muddocktor wrote:
    I left it like that for an hour or so then put the battery back in and reset the cmos jumper back to normal running mode and booted back to bios. I was then able to to overclock it normally. You might try this and see if it helps.

Thanks! That took care of it. Though I only left the battery out for a couple of minutes.
  • edited June 2008
    Glad to hear it worked for you man! :thumbsup: