Can not quarantine file

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Spyware & Virus Removal
My mom has a file that I can not delete because "some other program is using it" It's the qoMDTSsJ.dll I gues it was trying to be quarantine by her Symatic anti virus program. Can anyone help. Cake and pie.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Hello j (hope I spelled that right),

A random named .dll that is also locked is a fairly suspect item. Let's take a look at what all is loaded on her computer.

Please download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. After it is installed open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.

Also Go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your protective software queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. Here are guidelines for using Silent Runners. You can use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files if needed.