Needing an average videocard..

edited June 2008 in Hardware
So.. I've began to plan out my new pc I'm gonna put together. It's not gonna be anything spectacular (hence the title).

I'm looking for a videocard (preferably nVidia) that can run near to the newest pc games out there with a smooth fps on top of graphic presets set to medium. For instance, I'd like to run Crysis with medium graphics set and running like 20-30 fps.

Not looking for a good price, just an average card. Thanks!

[I'm just to lazy to go searching the internetz for gear. Your effort is appreciated with imaginary tubs of chocolate!]

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB w/ dual-slot cooler is $159 + Free Shipping @ Newegg right now. I don't think you'll find a better $$$/performance ratio and it will more than meet your requirements so long as you have a decent rig otherwise.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    ^^ My recommendation also.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Mine also.
  • edited June 2008
    ^.^ Much thanks.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Thats what i have and it runs crysis exactly how you want it to. Runs great on online multiplayer too. Except it was $250 when i got it.:mad:
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150285

this is what i use and it runs everything i use perfect at mid-hi quality, including TF2 at high and CoD4 at hi, so you may want to consider this, it was $150 when i got mine.