Message from ARRSE Commander

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Gaming

Guys,

I know it’s a couple of days late sorry. It’s that time again, when I ramble on about who did what to who and when and more interestingly who’s getting some next week:

GENERAL
Well, it’s 4 weeks in now and we are appear to be part of the accepted furniture of Travian. We have seen quite a few changes this week virtually all for the good, but more of those in a minute
ONGOING OPERATIONS
Last night / this morning saw our first Alliance-Wide Operations, Last night was a short notice snap defensive ambush with. This afternoon seeing our first deliberate attack, :lol: This is just being on your JWIC but without the trees!!
Both operations have been a resounding success and I will say that as my forum post said, half a dozen confirmation IGMs in less than 10 minutes at 9pm on a Saturday outstanding work whichever way you cut it, may be an indication that’s ome of us need to get a life but Hey Ho.
A quick policy note on these kind of Ops, when these instructions come out they are non-negotiable they are not open to discussion, being brutally honest if it was your gaff being raped silly by some ‘orrible little fcuker, you wouldn’t be overly impressed if one of the lads you thought was standing shoulder to shoulder with you starts bumping their gums about Recce reports and “was the planning process complete enough”, the Answer is no you wouldn’t. So from now on I expect everyone under the ARRSE banner, when a shout goes out, to pick up their belt kit, personal; weapon and some fresh ammo and get their arrse on the transport.
STRONGHOLD
The Stronghold seems to be developing nicely certainly that far out there do seem to be enough mongs to provide a sufficient source of extra resources to keep us going until we’re ready to take their plots, from personal experience the key is not to kick the arrse out of farming, give them hope that they can survive until it suits us that the delete; if you go at them too hard they bang out before you have settlers ready and some nasty hairy arrsed git may well come along and nick it from under your nose.
WINGS
For those of you that don’t know and if you don’t, where in the name of God have you been hiding, we now have a new wing, ARRSE {IC}, the {ICRONTIC} Guys came into the fold early in the week after some extensive negotiations as usual ably handled by Chaotic, well done that man. We seem to be a good match of characters although only time will tell of they share our sense of humour, so until they’re fully settled in I would ask that we keep the forum contents lighter, although there will be some separation of the forum by wing but I’ll come to that momentarily. Whilst on the subject of wings, things with our cousins at [ONE] are progressing very smoothly and whilst still only a NAP I see our futures being fairly closely linked.

I mention [ONE] mostly because you all need to be aware that NW*S believe that we and [ONE] are looking to rule the North West (I can’t imagine where they’d get an idea like that) and as such we may see semi-organised incoming from them over the next week or two, at the first sign of trouble I need our planning cell to be made aware of it so please highlight any incursions immediately to TATP.
Lastly on the subject of wings, Grumpy has stood down as OC of ARRSE I and Fig11 has been appointed OC, I am sure you will join me in congratulating Fig11 and offering our thanks to Grumpy for what is I know a very stressful position to hold in a game!!
THE FORUM
There have (surprise, surprise) been a few grumblings about the forum this week, so I have made a command decision which will probably get some peoples backs up, I have decided that each wing will have their own area on the forum and I need a volunteer from each wing to assist me with the administration of the forum (specifically the access groups that each wing’s members are in, so volunteers direct to me please by IGM. Real-Life has made several inconvenient incursions into Travian over the last week, namely in the form of work and my Wife’s birthday, so apologies for the delays in getting this gripped but I will endeavour to sort it tomorrow work be damned!!
DIRECTION
Over the next week I would like to see 2 things happen, everyone should be focusing on their third if not fourth village and additionally you should all be bringing your troop strengths up you need to be a position this week to defend against an incursion of no less than 1k offensive (infantry) troops, ghet those walls squared away just in case anyone who hasn’t got at least one village with all res and crop at lvl10, have a word with yourself!
SUMMARY
We are progressing very nicely I for one am chuffed to NAAFI breaks with how we’re doing lets get geared up for some proper offensive ops.

0A Out

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Wow this guys is definitely 100% ex British military... That's pretty cool how he employs that experience in Travian.