pc crash

edited June 2008 in Hardware
My 2nd PC has crashed real bad and is now stating "ërror loading operating system" and BIOS update data incorrect CPUID = 00000F29, Can anyone help?icon9.gif

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2008
    Can you tell us more about your system? Make and model of the system or make and model of motherboard, etc.

First guess: Try resetting your BIOS. Reference your user guide as to how to do this- but generally disconnect all power and take the system battery out for a few minutes. Put battery back in and power up.
  • edited June 2008
    :sad2: I am unsure of the name of the PC as it was my fathers. And as I am fairly new to the likes of pc's you will have to bear with me. As far as I can tell, the name P4PE keeps popping up. When starting up, at the bottom of screen it states "error loading operating system" and also please enter file name for new BIOS. The [onboard BIOS information]
    BIOS version : ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS revision 1002
    when starting up and within the first second or two, I push delete,another screen appears which is the (award BIOS setup utility) I am unsure where to go from there. Please help if you can.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2008
    Are you modifying the system at all- changing something or overclocking?

ASUS has 5 flavors of that model:

P4PE
    P4PE-BP
    P4PE-X
    P4PE-X/SE
    P4PE-X/TE

This is really important to know if you need to upgrade the BIOS. You should get the model name on boot. If you are using the P4PE, your BIOS is very out of date if it is version 1002. It's up to 1007. Here is the link to select the right product once you know.

However, I would start by resetting the BIOS and, failing that, replacing the system battery. THIS manual should cover a lot in helping you with how to do that.

Hope it works out.
  • edited June 2008
    Qeldroma wrote:
    Are you modifying the system at all- changing something or overclocking?

ASUS has 5 flavors of that model:

P4PE
    P4PE-BP
    P4PE-X
    P4PE-X/SE
    P4PE-X/TE

This is really important to know if you need to upgrade the BIOS. You should get the model name on boot. If you are using the P4PE, your BIOS is very out of date if it is version 1002. It's up to 1007. Here is the link to select the right product once you know.

However, I would start by resetting the BIOS and, failing that, replacing the system battery. THIS manual should cover a lot in helping you with how to do that.

Hope it works out.

I do not know how to reset the BIOS. My fathers pc did not come with an installation disc. Any disc I place into the drive does not respond as well as floppy. Is this a code that comes with the pc or do I have to purchase something. I do not understand any of this. I understand that this is a fairly old model, but I just need to get past the BIOS problem. The other name that is on the screen when starting up is DDR333
    It also states "BIOS update data incorrect" CPUID = F0000029
    I have removed the battery and and reinserted it. Do I need another battery? If I let the system run, at the bottom of the screen it states
    error loading operating system- I am just trying to get to the screen that has the start at the bottom left. I am trying to get to this stage without having to pay for anything. I hope I am not wasting your time as I am frustrated with this. I may just have to take it to a shop for their assessment.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    *throws in his 2 cents*

I'm not sure if this is going to help you but...on my MB (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00864922&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3340210&lang=en#N951) there's 2 switchs. One for resetting the CMOS and one for resetting the BIOS password.

If you put in any custom BIOS settings, then this might be a good place to start.