PC 100% frozen? Help!

revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
edited June 2008 in Hardware
My pc keep randomly freezing, and i dont mean it just is loading forever, i mean it actually freezes, the time wont change, the mouse wont move nothing as if the screen it a photo.

Basically what happens is i can be on youtube or a website, then suddenly it will stop loading, like wont load anymore of the vid, i can still watch what it has loaded, then ill refresh and it still cant load it, then my zfire reports high latency, then i close firefox and open it and nothing happens, i then wait and my mouse stops moving...

Another example. (this ones wierd but has happened like 4 times)

Im having a fun game of gungame on CSS when suddenly i freeze. i cant move, atall apart from look around ( like when you loose connection). For i while i cant move, but strangly enough i can still see people talking in the text live, i can also here people speak for about 20 seconds, i asked to see what my player was doing on the server, they didnt respond because i dont think they could hear me, it then came up in text some more messages about what happening in the game and some conversations. after about 20 seconds of this my pc froze totally, the mouse wouldnt move, my pc would turn off etc so i had to reset.

Also, on startup i don't get a post beep any more.

Another thing is sometimes my pc fails to shutdown so it automatically reboots. ( quite annoying when youve just pressed the button and ran out the door)

one more thing which i havnt had for a while now is a BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. now im guessing thats somthing to do with too many bits of hardware assigned to 1 IRQ, how do i fix this?

The main Problem is the freezing so please help me :confused:.

My specs are M2N-E SLI
AMD Athlon X2 5200
2GB ram (dunno brand) 800mhz
nvidia 8500GT 512mb (not overclocked)
250GB segate barracuda 7200rpm hdd with 16mb cache.
550w winpower psu.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Test your memory with memtest.
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited June 2008
    done that, its fine.
    edited June 2008
    Your power supply is awfully generic, which often leads to trouble. Verify that your voltages are within .1 or .2v of the proper values. Also, test your hard drive with Hitachi DFT or Seagate's drive tools. Both are good and will tell you if your HD is in good repair.
    edited June 2008
    Ok, im downloading those drive tools now, Whats the most accurate way to take these voltage readings?
    edited June 2008
    Ok, done the tests, Its all fine. Still dont know my voltages.

Another thing which keeps happening is that my internet goes wierd. I can be surfing the net and talking to friends then suddenly my internet cuts off. It doesnt say its disconnected, but xfire, steam both disconnect and firefox wont load any pages but funnily enough the downloads ive got running are still going.

This really confuses me. there not corrupt either, they download fine.

Whats going on?
    edited June 2008
    You check your voltages in the computer's BIOS under a section that's usually labeled as "Health," or something to that effect.

Most of your troubles, I'm confident, are stemming from a single source. If your voltages are good, I'll be suggesting a repair install or a reformat.
    edited June 2008
    Well, the voltages are all fine. also i tried repair but it failed to repair it.

i was looking in the event log and found this.
    "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 13, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

I think i will go back to xp since all these problems started when i "upgraded" to vista. unless theres a simple fix.