ARRSE Weekly Briefing - Wk5

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Gaming
From fuctifino - Commanding Officer of ARRSE
Ladies & Gentlemen of the ARRSE Alliance I give you the week 5 update; and it’s on time too!!
GENERAL
Well since last Friday we have seen several key events take place in the development of the Server and the Alliance
RECENT & ONGOING OPERATIONS
In the last seven days we have seen several extremely effective defensive operations and possibly more importantly we have seen the creation of a new slang term, which I am sure will be making it’s way into the OED in the near future, I am sure it won’t be long before the phrase “Doing a CommanderVimes” makes it’s way into common usage.
Aside from that we have seen a steady rise in the quality and frequency of both offensive and defensive operations, at this point I would like to point out that we are in a preparation phase at the moment and should be strengthening our villages and armies in preparation for a significant Operational cycle which will begin in about 2 weeks, but certainly no sooner than 10 days from the date of this update!
STRONGHOLD
With a few exceptions we are progressing nicely in the Stronghold areas, those exceptions are being caused by painful little idiots (not us, I hasten to add) that have never considered what would happen when an unstoppable force collides with a fairly soft and easily damaged object!!
Keep plugging away we will clear the dross out in due course.
DIPLOMACY
Well, what have we learned in the last week? Well we have learned that on the whole the denizens of Travian are illiterate, chromosomally deficient and generally uncivilised, that’s said we have found a few that are seemingly above average (i.e. normal) and I am pleased to announce the formation of the ARRSE Training Regiment, a place where we can hopefully develop those that are actually trainable and turn out some shining examples of the human race that we might even one day call “Brother”.
THE FORUM
No news on the forum I am pleased to say. The oil industry has had me hard at work so I have been unable to tinker as much as in recent weeks, that said we do need to improve links between our Personnel / Recruitment staff and the Forum admin staff so that we do not miss people when they leave the alliance and leave them with forum access, so if anyone feels like drafting a set of joining instruction and posting orders then I have a little job for you!!
DIRECTION
As has been alluded to earlier and several times in MM’s and on the Forum over the ast 7 days we will soon be engaging in fullscale offensive operations so I need you all to be developing your Armies ideally whilst maintaining a defensive capability so suggest 1;1 Off : Def production for the time being and don’t forget the Catas and rams
SUMMARY
Things are progressing nicely but I fear we may have a difficult couple of weeks ahead of us, so dig in well and we will be fine.
0A Out

Comments

• edited June 2008
    ...wonder is a CommanderVimes is anything like a "doing a Q" ?? :D
  • edited June 2008
    Just a question actually... are we all meant to be registered on the ARRSE forum's, or is that just the leaders? (Have I asked this before... I really can't remember :p)
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited June 2008
    Shanaar wrote:
    Just a question actually... are we all meant to be registered on the ARRSE forum's, or is that just the leaders? (Have I asked this before... I really can't remember :p)

I think you are all supposed to, it makes sense.
    But I think I shouldn't be too bold in posting a link, lets see what those with authority say.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    ...wonder is a CommanderVimes is anything like a "doing a Q" ?? :D
    Which village is your's again... I want to send you some "reinforcements"... say 60 cats, 1500 swords, and 300 haeduans.... :rarr:

As for the ARRSE forum... Right now... until we figure out how ARRSE is going to get info to us, just the leadership are encouraged to join. Also... ARRSE's forums are not really laid out for very well. We have our forum and they have ours. I'd hate for info to be posted there and 1/2 of us not know about it. If only a few have access to the info, we post it here. Lastly... they do not use it like we use our forum... we've got this down, they are learning to use forums.
  • edited June 2008
    Ok then... just checking incase i've not done something important :D
  • edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Which village is your's again... I want to send you some "reinforcements"... say 60 cats, 1500 swords, and 300 haeduans.... :rarr:

ha ha ... is that all you got?? bring it big boy (daddy) :cool: