Quark

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
YOU SUCK! I hate you! You are the absolute lamest of lame in ANY program!

I must also mention that I know have alot of respect, admiration, and HATE towards all that use it.

I respect them for the patience they have in it, to be able to make the magazines and mewspapers using such a ****ty program.

Admiration for the same as respect, but also for being able to afford and continue to use it despite there being better programs that can do the same thing.

Yet I hate them for all the above also. THERE IS BETTER PROGRAMS, THAT DO BETTER AND MORE STUFF, EASIER ALSO! AGH!

Quark is such a simple idea, it is frustrating. Text here, image there, and maybe a line here and there... but when you try to do something complex it is like using MS Paint to create fractal noise(IE Clouds in Photoshop).

It ain't hard to use, and I learned the whole program just today, and when I tried to use it to recreate an Annual Report with it, it was just AUGAH!

I hate it, and whats worse is that I must continue with it for the rest of the month and then some.... and even more worse is that the industry will never switch to another program becuase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" which if you ask me is bad for buisness.

STOP THE PRESSES! F***.... THAT.... S***....
Feels somewhat good to vent:ninja:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    It's so amazing that I felt the exact same way about Quark when I first starting using it. That was ver 3.3. 3.3 sucked compared to 4 and 5. I like quark, but now I am an InDesign convert.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, I'll "third" that. I' no Quark guru, but my experience with it (also going way back like you Prime) is that it is very non-intuitive, and has a lot of old concepts that they can never move away from for fear of a user revolt. It was good for it's time....but it's time is past. There are better tools out there, but it is certainly a paradigm shift to get many print design firms to believe that.

Dexter...
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited December 2003
    Quark was great, but Indesign is now better.

As an aside: If it does the job, then there's no reason to change (especially for industry since that means a huge hardware overhaul and training and adjustment and...) Its not worth it unless there's a real need.