Vista folder options

WingaWinga MrSouth Africa Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Science & Tech
Why won't vista behave itself when I ask for a specific folder view. I prefer the Large Icons view, but to tell Vista to keep that as a default is like eating soup with a fork.
It also decides for itself whether its going to open in minimized or maximized view.

Anyone had success with this?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Right click on drive (or specific folder) - properties - customize. Select the view you'd like. Apply to subfolders if you'd like. Hit ok and hope it sticks.

Not sure exactly what you mean by minimized or maximized, but the above procedure has helped me standardize my folder displays.
  • edited July 2008
    hrmm, i'm using vista ultimate 64-bit and i don't see a "customize" when i look at properties on C:\

My problem is line Winga's problem, i want to standardize my folder view.
    I perfer "List" option for viewing folders, and i want -every single folder in the entire system- on every single hard drive, to display list.

I could do this in XP, but in vista... well if it sees a folder with pictures or videos, it some how sets it to thumbnail view, even if i've told it in folder options to use list.

This has been annoying me to no end, and i'd love to know how to -FORCE- it list view on -EVERYTHING- but i can't find it.

And i don't want to customize every single folder on my system... that'd be annoying :(