Overclocking deleted my RAID array

edited July 2008 in Hardware
Hi, I overclocked my Q9450 2.66 to 3.00, it was unstable and O/S crashed with BSOD before startup, when I reset it showed my RAID array and one drive said "Not An Array".

I had to rebuild it and reinstall my O/S. This has happened 2ce in a week since overclocking.

My FSB is 375 from 333 so its not a big overclock, my temps are between 30 - 47c, voltages set to auto (1.30v)

Any suggestions appeciated.
Thanks!

Asus P5E3 WiFi AP x48

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    1) stop overclocking
    2) stop using raid
  • edited July 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    1) stop overclocking
    2) stop using raid

thanks! i will take my question else where
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2008
    dwarfer wrote:
    thanks! i will take my question else where

If your going to OC and it sounds like you are then you do need to abandon the raid.

Sorry you didnt like the answer you got. But it was correct. You pushed it to far until it was unstable. This is going to happen over and over. Until you learn the hardway.

Try an imaging program if your determined to do this to save time restoring.

Tex
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    He may have been a bit curt about the matter, but he's also right.

Your IDE bus is being overclocked and ****ting out your RAID array. The options are:

1) Less overclocking
    2) Lock your PCI/PCIe bus
    3) Switch to non-RAID disks
  • edited July 2008
    actually i didnt overclock it that much, only a 42mhz incroment.

the reason I ask here is ive spent about 2 years on a 3000mhz pc overclocked to 3500 with absulootly no problems, then i come and buy a new pc and i overclock and it messes up my raid

anyway, i found out the problem it was asus suite which was doing it. i havent installed it anymore and its working great getting it from 2.66ghz to 3.4ghz schweet performance

thanks anyway guys