PS3 Audio Static

Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Hardware
Hai gang

I recnetly bought an HDMI cable from some no-name brand (it was the only brand they carried) from some store I dont like because I had store credit there, and when I got home and plugged my PS3 into my TV, I got audio static that was not there before, and only with some sounds (I.E if anyone has played condemned 2, the sound that plays when you die causes and unbearable static wail)

I checked the connections on both sides to no avail. What is there left ot do? I can't really return this cable because the store dosent take returns (I somehow got the store credit by returning an equally ****ty router i bought for 80 dollars for a 40 dollar store credit), so its either fix the static or im back to using red-white-yellow cables till i can come up with another 50 bucks to get a name-brand HDMI cable. Any suggestions?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Bring it back anyway and get one of these. If you have to save $50 for a cable, you're already spending too much. That said, anything else you can tell us to troubleshoot it?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Bring it back anyway and get one of these. If you have to save $50 for a cable, you're already spending too much. That said, anything else you can tell us to troubleshoot it?

No, thats about it. I guess im just stuck getting a new cable. Im positive the store dosent have those, all they had was thats cheapy looking black ones in what looked like a ziplock bag. I guess ill just order one of those once i get the cash.
  • edited July 2008
    it is digital signal, you are not getting any interferences with digital signal. Static is most likely caused at source (PS) or at the receiver end. Cheap cables are way to go, unless we speak of analog cables where quality matters.
    Dont get ripped off :)