Strange Problem...

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Hardware
Using a dfi 975x/g with a c2d e6320 at stock speeds, 2gb mushkin ddr1066, and a ocz evostream 600w psu.

This is a weird problem. Some times when i power on my system it comes on just fine, but about 40-50% of the time when i hit the power button or restart it wont post. When i push the power button everything powers up and all the fans are at full speed then everything powers off for about 2 seconds then powers back on at normal speed but it doesnt post. sometimes if i reset the bios and restart it it comes right on... could this be a bad psu? or what?:confused:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Have you tried replacing the CMOS battery?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Sometimes that same situation happens to me, but it's much more regular; the machine starts to boot, dies, boots, dies, exactly 3 times; on the third time, it resets the BIOS settings to default and it'll boot just fine. Then I go back in, reapply my overclock, and it boots normally.

Could be an OCing thing, could be a power issue, I don't really know. Are you OCing at all?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Sometimes that same situation happens to me, but it's much more regular; the machine starts to boot, dies, boots, dies, exactly 3 times; on the third time, it resets the BIOS settings to default and it'll boot just fine. Then I go back in, reapply my overclock, and it boots normally.

Could be an OCing thing, could be a power issue, I don't really know. Are you OCing at all?

it started doing this about a week before the lan. it had a very modest OC and it worked fine through the entire lan even with all the random power outages it always booted back up fine. it started doing it again as soon as i got home. so i thought maybe it was my surge protector but it tried others. ill try the cmos batter and a different psu if i can get a hold of one.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Sounds more like ram or the board not setting the strap properly.

Although.. the DFI boards did have issues with some PSU's and the amperage on the 12V standby rail.