Laptop help will be greatly appreciated

blankman640blankman640 Lubbock Tx
edited July 2008 in Hardware
So I am looking to buy new gaming laptop for college this year and am ready to ditch this sorry POS I'm on right now. I have 2700 to spend and thats is the limit

I was looking at Asus's C90p or but that looks like its going to be out in feb and can only support MXM slots witch is gay cause i wanted more
I was also looking at dells 1730 Witch is nice but way to overprice HP has the hard ware but i dont trust their quality.

As far as spec im looking at I would love this

2.6 Core 2 T9500

32 bit OS i have ULT vista already

and 3gb of ram i like the HyperX from Kingston so yeah

Preferably 512mb 8700 or higher if you know something ATI has that is the same dual will be appreciated

A 1920x1080 Monitor along with two other external monitor ( I was think about Matrox dualhead2go for that)

My HD needs to be 7200rpm or faster Solid states are too much haha i also like the dual HD too

The wireless next gen N crd

and bluetooth enabled

Can you help end this suffering ?

Comments

• blankman640blankman640 Lubbock Tx
    edited July 2008
    Also has any actully used that OCZ neural impulse actuator its like only using your brain as the keyboard and only the mouse to aim youtube shows some footage on it but no actual gameplay from a person other than the company
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Good luck with that budget. T9500, 512MB graphics, a 1080p laptop monitor and two external monitors? I think you're getting into 3-3.5k territory BEFORE the monitors.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Don't fear the HP, the hardware is solid.
    video will be the hard one. Are there new ATI chips in lappys yet?
    edited July 2008
    edcentric wrote: »
    Don't fear the HP, the hardware is solid.
    video will be the hard one. Are there new ATI chips in lappys yet?
    chips im not sure but i know they make some Radeon HD's for the C90p but they got to low end cause the highest MXM slot compatible is The Nvidia 8700m GT equavalent to ati im not so sure

oh and dells lapps have the 1920x1080 resolution So im pretty much looking at these three Asus Hp or Dell any preference let me no my inspiron sucked balls so idk know bout dell:P
    edited July 2008
    So looks like this is going to be my computer Now Hp had the hardware for cheaper than anything else

[URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_0','0');"]Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)[/URL]<li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_1','1');"]Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T9500 (2.60GHz)[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_2','2');"]17.0" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition (1680 x 1050)[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_3','3');"]50% OFF 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_4','4');"]512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS any body no any better that is compatible?
    [/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_5','5');"]FREE Upgrade to HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Microphone + Fingerprint Reader[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_6','6');"]Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_8','8');"]240GB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (120GB x 2)[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_9','9');"]LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_10','10');"]HP ExpressCard Digital/Analog TV Tuner[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_c_11','11');"]High Capacity 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab0','m_a_0','22');"]2-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with Pick Up and Return[/URL]
    <li class="small">• [URL="javascript:onClickMyComponents('tab1','m_a_11','10');"]HP w2207h 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor two of them
    [/URL]

ALL FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 2778 yeah buddy dual 22inch monitors HAHA
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    So just pointing out here that NONE of your screens will do 1920x1080, and your DualHead2Go will still throw in another $150... you're aware of all this?
    edited July 2008
    yeah i know i just wanted the laptop screen to do that

i may just get the 20 inchers and the use the difference to buy the dualhead2go for that but i appreciate it thanks for reminding me man
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    This one may be should pretty close to what you're looking for: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220284

Also I thought MXM was a good thing. It pretty much means you can upgrade your graphics card IIRC.
    edited July 2008
    Hey thanks man that helped a bunch
    edited July 2008
    So after noticing that there were bunch of intstant savings things going i decied to wait on buying this and much to my satisfaction it was the best thing i could hev ever done

i actually have the Laptop of my dreams
    core 2 t9600 2.8 ghz processor
    OS windows ultimate 3it w SP1
    4gb RAM
    High def 15.4 monitor 1680x1050 infinity display
    512mb Nvidia GeForce 9600m GT hybrid
    idk know if my mobo is geForce that would nice
    160gb 7200rpm HDD

And only for a record breaking 1978.90 ^^

PATIENCE MAKES A HAPPY MAN
    edited July 2008
    idk know if my mobo is geForce that would nice
    I don't think nVidia has put out a laptop mobo chipset in a while. I'm 99.9% sure it's going to be an Intel chipset.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Roger than Mertesn, it will be.
    edited July 2008
    will they have some mother boards that are geforce enabled to where deicting what you are doing it adjust the processor speed and graphics card performance
    edited July 2008
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking about power management features for the CPU and the graphics card. The CPU power management is built into the processor. The graphics power management is built into the graphics processor. Pretty much all of the laptop graphics cards have such power management build in now. You usually won't have to do anything to activate either.