Slow Browsing

edited July 2008 in Science & Tech
So both firefox and internet explorer are running extremely slow on my desktop. On my laptop, using the same connection, everything is running fine however. Here is the kicker though. When I turn on wow I still get 100ms latency for the game and ventrilo gets 70ms latency like it always has. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    Wipe out your cookies and offline content. Could be a bad cache item that is causing the problem.

But more likely your anti-virus/spyware is causing the slowdown. Have you recently changed or installed new software in that variety?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Your computer is trying to force you to make a life changing decision. WoW or teh intarwebz. You can only have one.

I suggest the latter.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay......So I tracert yahoo.com on both my laptop and desktop (both using my wireless). Laptop is getting 40-70ms bouncebacks the whole way. Desktop is getting 500-2k ms bouncebacks. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this...it's very exacerbating. Thanks for the help
  • edited July 2008
    On a side note, all temporary internet files and all are set to be deleted after every time a browser is shut down.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    What anti-virus/spy/firewall software are you running?

When you do the tracert are both machines taking the same path to get there?