ASUS Motherboard Issue

edited July 2008 in Hardware
I recently upgraded to ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe - after firing up the system I failed to recieve a video signal - I followed normal procedures and checked all my connections to include testing the video card in a different unit - I decided the motherboard was bad and obtained a replacement - I have installed it..and same problem! hardware problem or operator headspace??

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Dunno. What are the full specs of the rig?
  • edited July 2008
    Asus M2N32-Sli Deluxe mobo

4 gigs ram

XFX 8800 Geforce

160gb seagate sata drive

800 watt psu

AMD 64 X2 4200+
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Just to clarify, you built a new rig. It's all assembled, and when you power on, it beeps upon startup but you get no video signal. So you haven't been able to get into the bios and you don't have an operating system installed, right?
  • edited July 2008
    That sums it up - and I can't for the world figure out what I failed to to/should do...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Clear the CMOS (find jumper on the board, also make sure this jumper is in the right orientation in the first place) Place 1 stick of ram in the slot closest to the CPU, power on and see if it boots. If it fails, test all other sticks in the same manner. I bet 1 or all of them let the board boot singly.
  • edited July 2008
    Ack'd! I'll try that tomorrow...thanks for the tip
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    I've had this problem before. Turned out to be my case was shorting the board. If you can't get it to work try taking the board right out of the case, then plug in the PSU, RAM, CPU, etc outside of the case. If it works then it's the case that's at fault.
  • edited July 2008
    That was something I also considered - to that effect I purchased a new case - situation is the same - I am consideing now that perhaps I fried the processor swapping my hardware around.