What new games???

RichDRichD Essex, UK
edited August 2008 in Gaming
I went into game at the weekend to look for some new entertainment but was decidedly underwhelmed.

I am on PC and Wii but I couldn't really find anything that caught my attention.

I love shooters like Half life and gears of war etc. plus strategy like sim city.

I really want to get an old copy of Transport Tycoon but I cant find it anywhere.

What is everyone else playing at the moment?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    Mass Effect for PC, it's a good mix of RPG with some FPS feel to it. But really it's all about waiting for Fallout 3 now.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I'm playing lots of games on Kongregate, and having fun earning a bunch of achievements :)

I'm also still playing through Overlord (now that I got the y-axis reverse thing working (Thank again to Mondi!)). When I'm done with that, I'm going to go back and try Max Payne (on recomendation of many friends.

My wife and I are slowly working our way through Lego Starwars (after a week, we're on the second level :P ).

I've also been doing some Rockband drumming.

I didn't realize 'til I wrote this out, just how many games I'm currently in the middle of. It's amazing that I can fit it into the scant 1.5 hours of free time I have each day.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, although it's old, Far Cry is a beautiful game for being a couple years old, and also has very fun game play. Don't expect a fast-paced shooter, because going Rambo when your pitted island inhabited by thousands of mercenaries just doesn't work. With this in mind, lots is opened up to you., you can really choose if you want to stealthily shoot em down, run and gun, or just sneak past them. Each level in the game is open world, no invisible walls. Plus, there's a huge fan base still uploading custom made maps and mods!

I highly reccommend picking this up for your PC. It'll keep you playing for a long with it's replay value and fun Map Editor/Custom Maps.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Team Fortress 2!!!

Also, Bioshock and Crysis are REALLY great shooters. If you liked Half-Life, you won't be disappointed with these. I don't know how great your computer is though. Crysis is very demanding. Far Cry is very good. And Far Cry 2 is coming out soon. I second Fallout 3. Thats going to be amazing.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Currently:

Team Fortress 2 <--WIN, you should get this and play with {IC}, it's a giant party
    MDK 2 (CLASSIC!)
    Penny Arcade Adventures
    Final Fantasy 2 PSP
    Ninja Gaiden 2 xbox 360
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    BioShock has a great storyline and is different enough to make it stand out.
    COD4 has a great online mode, and a good single player campaign to boot.

What I'm playing now:
    Mass Effect (PC) which I recommend...
    GRID (PC) which I recommend...
    Battlefield: Bad Company (360) my first FPS experience on a console, and I'm happy I did it. I'm embarrassed I sat on that high horse "MOUS AND KYBOARD ONLY OMG" for so long.
    GTAIV (360)
    Dead Rising (360) because what's more fun than staring in your own (kinda) horror movie?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    my first FPS experience on a console, and I'm happy I did it. I'm embarrassed I sat on that high horse "MOUS AND KYBOARD ONLY OMG" for so long.

gtfo
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    If you like shooters, you might want to try Combat Arms. It's a good game with pretty much the exact same physics as Counter Strike. It's got more of an MMO feel too it though....

It's completely free too :)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited July 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    Mass Effect for PC, it's a good mix of RPG with some FPS feel to it. But really it's all about waiting for ...
    KOTOR III.

Yeah ... right.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited July 2008
    Sins of solar empire is an RTS, fantastic epic game if you can handle it. Other than that... well in terms of Wii I pretty much only have a few games which are the hits like zelda, brawl, mario, metroid. I heard no more heroes was good... not sure.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    CB wrote:
    gtfo

qft
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2008
    I have now purchased a copy of TF2 so I will see you online once I sort out my network card.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited July 2008
    CB wrote:
    gtfo

Speaking of FPS on consoles, I use to love SOCOM for PS2 probably because it was the only good game I could play at my cousins when I was on vacation 2 years ago. SOCOM 3 is coming out looks pretty sweet if you a PS3.
  • edited July 2008
    Bubbleman wrote:
    SOCOM 3 is coming out looks pretty sweet if you a PS3.

Yeah, looks sweet. But if it bombs in multiplayer and no one plays, there's no campaign-play that the game can fall back on. But the interface and clan system are too good for it not to appeal to the vast armies of fanboys.
  • blankman640blankman640 Lubbock Tx
    edited August 2008
    Whats that game coming out that boasts like 100 something players able to play on a single match its kinda like 1942 but not any clues
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Prime i am sorry but I cannot recommend anything PA anymore on morale basis, the game itself only looks decent if you are still a fanboy of theirs.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    im playing soul calibur 4 on ps3 right now, and city of heroes on PC. and im waiting patiently for Warhammer Online on 18 sept. (MYTHIC SPLIT FROM EA SO NO MORE EA PRESENTS WARHAMMER! YAY!!:bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin:)
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Currently:
    MDK 2 (CLASSIC!)

Wow that's been a long time... MDK & MDK 2
    I might just have to dig those out!

Just finished Devil May Cry 4 looked very very good and played amazing, very repetitive though... also needs a gamepad.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    MYTHIC SPLIT FROM EA SO NO MORE EA PRESENTS WARHAMMER! YAY!!:bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin:

Mythic didn't split from EA. Just changed there name and became a more independant subsidy :p
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, nothing out just yet. Waiting for the new Tomb Raider, Far Cry 2 and the next Stalker. Been playing old games for months. The last quarter of 2008 should be nice at least.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    TF2, GRiD, DiRT, MechWarrior 2&3 BOY.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    One month to Fallout 3.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    One month to Fallout 3.

QFFT