Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Gaming
I got a 4000 point Xbox Live points card as a gift, so I jumped in and bought PA Adventures Episode 1 two nights ago.

Read that again: Two nights ago. I am done with it, and I almost got all the achievements for it.

What I'm saying is that this is a short game. If I had actually paid for it, I'd probably be a little miffed that I only got about 7-8 hours of gameplay for my $20.

However, with that said, I am a huge Penny Arcade fan and the game was terrific. I truly appreciate the amount of work that went into this endeavor - Think about it: one man drew every single piece of art for this game. Another wrote every single word in this game. That's a lot of work, and that doesn't take any of the Hothead Games people (the people who made it a game) into account.

Their work is worth $20. Even though it wasn't a lot of gameplay, the quality was rich and the experience deep. This is a handcrafted experience, from the moment you load the game till the final endgame sequence, and it shows.

Some people pay $100 for a bottle of fine Scotch. Paying $20 for this game is like that. If you like it, you'll like it.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    I agree, it was a little short but worth it overall. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I haven't started the full game yet, but the demo took me about two hours... I think I'm a bit of a completionist.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    half off on steam this weekend, ill prolly jump on it, seeing that i am a gabe fan...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    CB, I am also a completionist, and me going back to every single level one last time to make double triple sure that I got everything still gave me an 8 hour game. I got the achievement for completionism, so I know I got everything.