Intel setup vs amd setup

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Hardware
OK i have a Q and a Abit P35 board it does OK, Lately Ive been missing the Ole green monster of the AMD lineup, I know I am nuts but I was wondering what is a equivalent setup in AMD's line up vs what I have? I am not going to trade up or anything but I was just curious since i haven't been following AMD in a year or so

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    There is nothing that will perform as well as or outperform what you have.

The gaming will not be much different, FPS lower by maybe 2 to 10 FPS depending on the game.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    By the gods man... You have hardware A.D.D.
  • edited July 2008
    OK i have a Q and a Abit P35 board it does OK, Lately Ive been missing the Ole green monster of the AMD lineup, I know I am nuts but I was wondering what is a equivalent setup in AMD's line up vs what I have? I am not going to trade up or anything but I was just curious since i haven't been following AMD in a year or so

Maybe in another year or so AMD will have something close to comparable to your present setup, Gnome. You can get more out of your present setup simply by overclocking it a little more than you are presently. If you mainly game, you could go back to a dual core proc and buy an E8200 or E8400 and push closer to 4 GHz. Or you can wait until the end of the year and buy a Nehalem, but you will also have to buy a new mobo and DDR3 ram to go with it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    There's nothing in AMD's lineup that's equivalent to what you have.
  • edited July 2008
    Quad?

Yum.
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited July 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    There's nothing in AMD's lineup that's equivalent to what you have.
    No matter how much I hate to admit it, this is a correct statement. Close, would be a 9950, but the high power consumption and price set it way below the 6600.