Motherboard Mounting

edited July 2008 in Hardware
I bought a new case today, and wanted to place my mobo inside of it. All went well, I have my standoffs in place. But there are 4 raised standoff holes for mobo, none of which I used, because they would raise my mobo to high and so my I/O's wouldn't fit into the back plate. Because they are raised, they touch the bottom of my mobo right under the unused holes. They are metal, so if the mobo is partially resting on the board, will they short out any of the contacts? Any help as to how I can avoid any problems?

If any pictures are needed, please say so.

My case

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    This will require photos of the motherboard tray with whatever risers you have installed.
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry, I had not realized that these are a version of prepackaged standoffs, I simply have to insert the screws into the raised standoffs. Thanks, for the time anyway, Buddy J. ^^
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2008
    I hate to sound like a...Well...But were you held at gunpoint to choose that case? It's quite ugly.

You could've spent 20 bucks more and got a Thermaltake Armor or something better than that...Even the Antec 900'd be better.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    The funny thing about aesthetics is that it's unique to everyone.
  • edited July 2008
    I hate to sound like a...Well...But were you held at gunpoint to choose that case? It's quite ugly.

You could've spent 20 bucks more and got a Thermaltake Armor or something better than that...Even the Antec 900'd be better.

Ugh, the red is super ugly, I know. That's why I got the black. :D Also, the shots of the red case are falsely presented. The colours are not nearly that washed out, and it looks far sleeker.

11-108-053-02.jpg

Even then, I know its not the prettiest. (Although in person, the glossy finish too it makes it look quite appealing.) But this is my first built pc, and I didn't feel like I need a 250$ case. This does more than what I need.

The Thermaltake cases that were at the store were possibly some of the worst I've ever seen. But obviously that doesn't go for all of their cases.
    edited July 2008
    The black makes that case alot better, but that red just made me want to gouge out my eyes.
  • edited July 2008
    The black makes that case alot better, but that red just made me want to gouge out my eyes.
    I nearly bit my own mouth off when I looked at the box it came in and saw the red case on it. Good thing my black one was in it, it seems like the red one is their premier model, so they display it all over the box.

Really, not even the picture I provided did it justice. The gloss when you see it for real makes it look... lickable?

Question, how much did you pay for your 320gb Seagate?
    edited July 2008
    Mine? I bought it local from Best Buy for like 100 about...A year ago.
  • edited July 2008
    Mine? I bought it local from Best Buy for like 100 about...A year ago.
    Alright, was just checking prices. Saw the same price on that model today when I picked up the case.. was considering buying it.