Web Based Conferencing / Desktop sharing?

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited July 2008 in Internet & Media
What we basically want to be able to do is tell our clients to go to xxxxxx.com and enter a session id and pass or something - then a window will open on their screen which is our screen here.

We can then guide them through our website and they can watch.

That's basically it - one way - with them watching and not participating except verbally over the phone - i.e. control remains at our end all the time.

There seems to be quite a few bits of software out there - can anyone reccomend some? - important considerations are speed, appearance, and cost - I doubt we would need any sophistocated features - it's a basic use of this technology imo....

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    There is this GotoMeeting Corporate ED

Then there is WebEX Which is probably the best.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited July 2008
    How easily can either of these be setup? - I think the use is likely to be very ad hoc rather than planned - so whilst on the phone someone would want to setup a session within a couple of seconds and give the link to the client. Not something where they had to enter in the time, date, recipients, then pay for it in advance etc...

We have seen a webex presentation from a client point of view and it's the sort of thing we want to do - I just need to see how easily it can be controlled from the hosts end really!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    Well both services have a free trial edition you can check out to see if they work for you.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Yuuguu might work for your needs. Must be installed on both computers, but it works on PCs and Macs.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I will second Gotomypc.com(paid) and Yuuguu.com(free)
  • edited July 2008
    Hi osaddict,

I work for a company that provides such software solutions, so I hope you don't mind that i mention our product which could be just what you're looking for.

BeamYourScreen (http://www.BeamYourScreen.com) <style type="text/css">!-- @page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --></style>is a provider of innovative web collaboration solutions, whose product range consists of software solutions for online meetings, online presentations (http://www.Beam2Present.com), and remote support (http://www.Beam2Support.com).

The great advantage of BeamYourScreen, is that it matches your description of getting participants to join an online meeting. Your participants just go to www.joinsession.com and enter the unique 9-digit session ID for the current meeting and then a viewer window appears giving them a real time view of the meeting organizer's screen. Simple - no installation, no cost and no registrations for participants to join. So it just takes them a few seconds to get going.

You can host desktop sharing meetings with 1 or even 20 participants. No new hardware is needed. No configurations or network changes. Just an active Internet connection. Features include: screen sharing, application selection, voice conferencing, remote keyboard and mouse control, zoom, cursor pointer, switch presenters, true 24bit color
    + live online BeamYourScreen support

Feel free to check out our website where you will user guides and descriptions to get you started.

If you need any further information, feel free to let me know.

All the best,

Andrew
    BeamYourScreen

osaddict wrote:
    What we basically want to be able to do is tell our clients to go to xxxxxx.com and enter a session id and pass or something - then a window will open on their screen which is our screen here.

We can then guide them through our website and they can watch.

That's basically it - one way - with them watching and not participating except verbally over the phone - i.e. control remains at our end all the time.

There seems to be quite a few bits of software out there - can anyone reccomend some? - important considerations are speed, appearance, and cost - I doubt we would need any sophistocated features - it's a basic use of this technology imo....