I think my email was compromised

halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
edited August 2008 in Hardware
OK, Well I'm not too sure where to put this :( but anyways here i go. OK now here is my problem: i use gmail for all money related things (Ebay, paypal, stocks).

So what i did is i set my gmail account user name and password same as my school account (this information has been the same for like 4 years) so it's kind hard to for get and well i typed it into Gmail and it says it wrong i tried it 7 times and it still says its wrong, i went into account recovery but i don't know the age question i usually put some random thing for age.

So, now I'm mad and i think it was because i logged in one time when i was on a proxy only guess right now.(The cookies where sniffed)

Is there anyway i can contact gmail support, they could even check the IP i've logged on from every time.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    I had to recover a user's gmail password last week and they didn't know their secret question. There was an option that gmail sent a password to a secondary email address that you used when registering for gmail in the first place.
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited July 2008
    When i registered it i didn't add a second email :( i didn't see a purpose.
    edited July 2008
    Does this make the situation better or worse?

"Now do you see the purpose in added a secondary email?"

Ummm if you don't know your safe code, don't have another registration email you can use I think you are going to be trial and error'ing it. Also Gmail will lock out an account temporarily after so many failed attempts.
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited August 2008
    Yeah that probably why i got an instant error message after the 3rd try, all three tries it would make me wait like 5 seconds to load then it would be almost instantaneous. I guess i will attempt again i think i remembered it.
    edited August 2008
    Typically if your account gets locked you'll get CAPTCHA screens popping up. If you are popping that account and the pop access is locked you can unlock it by going to

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

- but you do have to know the account password.