Favorite TF2 Maps

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Team Fortress 2
What are the best TF2 maps? Pick all the ones that you consistently enjoy.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Done voted. I also like fastlane and stronghold, but I've only played each of them once (and am therefore not sure if I would consistently enjoy them) so I didn't vote for them.

Also, I tried to cast a negative vote for 2fort, but the forum software doesn't seem to support negative votes.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    You forgot moonwalk. Everybody who plays it generally enjoys it. We don't play it enough.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Funny how loved Goldrush is despite the heavy red bias.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I love goldrush and fastlane. Turbine and dustbowl are secondary favs.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    the purpose of this?
    edited July 2008
    Revamping the rotation, I'd assume.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    how hard is it to just ask if people want to change map or not? i'd really hate to see maps go unplayed because we're streamlining.

you also forgot happycow, redstone(like alot), aqua, mach2
    edited July 2008
    Happycow's so frigging broken. I hate it compared to the real goldrush. Aqua's cool though. Don't think I've played the other two.
    edited July 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    how hard is it to just ask if people want to change map or not? i'd really hate to see maps go unplayed because we're streamlining.

For just us, that's fine, but most nights we rely upon a good crowd of pubs to keep the server stocked with targets. Allowing the server maps to follow a rotation makes it more likely that the pubs will stick around.

If TF2 had a good way to ask all ofthe players to vote on a map, like UT does, there would be no need for a rotation at all, but since we have to have a rotation set, it might as well be the levels we, as a group, like the most.
    edited July 2008
    I could have sworn I'd seen a votemap feature in TF2, though. Problem with that, though, is probably the same 3 or 4 maps get played over and over.
    edited July 2008
    There seems to be a toggle for it in the console, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    The server Keebs and I played on the other night had a decent votemap enabled. It can be done if we want it.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Happycow's so frigging broken. I hate it compared to the real goldrush.
    There is nothing wrong with Happycow.

I really like Stronghold. We need to play that more often.

Also, less turbine please.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Do like Hydro, Gravel Pit, Dustbowl, Badlands, and Goldrush. Do hate ctf maps...most days. Occasionally a good map of 2fort or turbine are fun, mainly because I can take a break from the normal grind of cp/pl maps and just go off and do something different (now whether or not what i go off and do is useful to the team winning, that is to be determined.)

A good epic map of Warpath or Snofort, or maybe some Aqua or Moonwalk, can be great.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    The server Keebs and I played on the other night had a decent votemap enabled. It can be done if we want it.

We still need an admin mod badly.

(Yes, yes, I used "we" when I barely play).
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I like mapvotes.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    warpath warpath warpath warpath
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Dustbowl is still my absolute favorite.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    We still need an admin mod badly.
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I like mapvotes.
    Buddy J wrote:
    I spent over two hours trying to get Mani Mod (purportedly the "good" one) working on the server last night, but I couldn't get it to authorize me to do a damn thing. Half the documentation is from 2006 (it started as a CS mod) and the other half is scattered all over the place. There's conflicting info about different versions, and it's an arcane, idiotic setup with directions referencing files that don't exist or which they don't tell you how to find, and crazy text files that need to be syntactically perfect :rolleyes: I opened a support ticket with the place we rent the server to see if they'll assist - it was a one-click install, it's just the permission that's driving me mad. Talk about stupid software design.