pc to cell phone internet connectivity,how?

edited August 2008 in Hardware
what is the method or software which can do this.i have cell phone to computer data cable but dont know how to connect to internet thru this.please c if u can do any help to me.thanks u all

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    wseem wrote:
    what is the method or software which can do this.i have cell phone to computer data cable but dont know how to connect to internet thru this.please c if u can do any help to me.thanks u all

Contact your wireless provider, there are usually charges associated with this ability, and they will help you configure it.
  • edited August 2008
    i can connect internet thru my cell but dont know how to connect it to pc
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    What you're looking to accomplish is called tethering. Tethering is not included in most packages purchased from a cell phone carrier, and often can cost up to $30 a month on its own. You need to call your cell phone provider and ask how much tethering would cost to add to your monthly plan, otherwise you'll be paying hundreds of dollars the minute you start downloading anything through your phone onto your PC.
  • edited August 2008
    i got flat rate service they charge @per minute,i simply need to understand how to connect .i got data cable i got service,do i need any software or what?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Tethering does not use minutes. Using the internet on your phone does not use minute. It uses kilobytes. Unless you have a plan that specifically allows you to use your phone as a modem, you will get roasted by fees.
  • edited August 2008
    please tell me how to use it,my younger brother using it and it works ok,i am asking u what kind of software or setting needed,i am redy to be rosted.....lol
    please
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited August 2008
    Again, you'll need to contact the service provider. It differs from phone to phone. For some it's as easy as sharing a bluetooth connection, others might require some tedious setup.
  • edited August 2008
    Again, you'll need to contact the service provider. It differs from phone to phone. For some it's as easy as sharing a bluetooth connection, others might require some tedious setup.

i need help,i m not getting it ,please tel me what is the setting or software,i just need ur tech advise,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee:confused:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Your phone provider is the only one that can answer this. If you have the permission to do this then they should have told you how. It is different for every phone.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    wseem wrote:
    i need help,i m not getting it ,please tel me what is the setting or software,i just need ur tech advise,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee:confused:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=632871&postcount=2
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited August 2008

As the guy's said above. We cannot help you no matter how much we'd like to, its information we simply do not know. You MUST contact your service provider, if you have such a problem with contacting them than it sounds like you probably shouldn't be attempting this or that you don't have permission.