Rustock.B removal problems HELP ME!!

ChrispyChrispy Georgia
edited August 2008 in Hardware
I read the string previously posted, but my Rustock B problem is different. I can't get into the computer enough to be able to install or do any thing. I can't get into Safe Mode either. When I click on a profile to enter, it takes me to the users screen saver, but no further. That's when I get the 0xc0000005 error. I tried going into the install CD and recovery, but I don't know what the syntax should be to key in 'disable pe386'. The PC I'm working on has 6, yes six separate profiles. :rolleyes2 I'll rebuild the machine if I have to, but I'd rather not. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• ChrispyChrispy Georgia
    edited August 2008
    OK, I found out the syntax, but nothing is working. I've tried
    delete pe386 @ c:\windows
    del c:\windows\system32\pe386
    del c:\windows\system32\lzx32.sys
    del c:\windows\system32:Pe386
    del c:\windows\system32:lzx32.sys

I have no clue how to proceed. :confused:
  • ChrispyChrispy Georgia
    edited August 2008
    Well, now I've really done it. I did the Windows recovery and now it is in a perpetual reboot mode. I'm lost.:sad2:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Can you perform a repair installation?

Hit R at this screen:
    xp_repair_install.jpg
  • ChrispyChrispy Georgia
    edited August 2008
    Yes I did, that's when it went into perpetual reboot mode.
  • ChrispyChrispy Georgia
    edited August 2008
    I am not feeling the love.....:(
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited August 2008
    Well Thrax, sounds to me like he possibly has a failing drive. Would you agree?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    No, it simply sounds like the Windows install is screwed up beyond repair because the Rustock.B virus was never removed prior to the repair install.

It's time to perform a complete reformat. If he wants the data, he can connect it to another computer with an external adapter, virus scan it, and then back it up.
  • ChrispyChrispy Georgia
    edited August 2008
    I knew once I did the repair that there was no hope of recovery, I backed up the files and rebuilt the PC.
    Thanks.