How to turn the monitor screen Black & White

edited March 2011 in Hardware
Please anybody help.. i have color monitor, and i want that:-
Whenever i want, i can turn my monitor screen black & white, and again i can turn into colorful screen.

How can i do it??
does there any setting in "graphics settings" in the pc or any software available that will enable the monitor toggle between colorful mode and b&w mode.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2008
    Depends on the monitor some allow you to adjust the colour scale into black and white regions. If your monitor doesn't support it your video card may if it allows for custom colour profiles.
  • edited August 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    Depends on the monitor some allow you to adjust the colour scale into black and white regions. If your monitor doesn't support it your video card may if it allows for custom colour profiles.

I have monitor of = Samsung SyncMaster773s,
    sytem configuraiton, Intel P4 2.4 ghz, 256 mb RAM

Please tell me the process, who can i convert it into b&w.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2008
    Check in your monitor settings by using it's menu buttons and seeing if you can tweak it. I have no guide for that monitor that I can pull up you'll have to look yourself.

As for your system - the speed of the processor and the amount of ram doesn't help. It'll be controlled by your video card. From your desktop right click anywhere and go into properties then the advanced tab and see what options are available through your video card. Those are the two possible places that may allow you go go b&w. But you'll just have to play around yourself to see if you can get it.

I guess I should ask, but why are you trying to make your system B&W?
  • edited March 2011
    nk.itech wrote:
    Please anybody help.. i have color monitor, and i want that:-
    Whenever i want, i can turn my monitor screen black & white, and again i can turn into colorful screen.

How can i do it??
    does there any setting in "graphics settings" in the pc or any software available that will enable the monitor toggle between colorful mode and b&w mode.

hi i am iranian and my english is bad sorry

my graphic card is nvidia 9500 gt 1 gig ddr2 and in nvidia control panel go to "adjust desktob color setting" then in menu go to "apply the following enhancements" then change the "digital vibrance" setting to black and white monitor
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Sweet Thanks!

I, like nk.itech have been waiting 2.5 years for that answer. :tim:;D