NAS w/ USB?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited August 2008 in Hardware
I'd like to have an external drive mostly used for my XBOX 360 as a Media peice connected via USB due to restrictions for types of video formats allowed over USB vs Ethernet. But I'd like to be able to access this storage via other computers via just normal Ethernet, can I do this?

Generally in my mind only one or the other would be allowed, but I'd like to be sure before buying a 1 or 2 TB array and having to keep switching between the XBOX and my PC for transferring my media over.

Though it would be nice if I could just play any damned media I want via Ethernet and fix this whole issue as I do not wanna be re-encoding EVERYTHING just for Ethernet. But such is life :p

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Yeah most decent pre-made NAS boxes have at least one USB on them as well as the lan. Buffalo.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    RWB, We'll soon have a review of a Tagan Icybox NAS4220 that supports USB and Ethernet capabilities. It supports two drives with Raid options, BitTorrent support, and all sorts of other goodies. When the second 1TB test hdd comes in, we're gonna test the crap out of it. If it's anything like past Icyboxes, it should own face. Stay tuned!