What are you Playing?

steadyfluxsteadyflux Maryland Member
edited May 2011 in Gaming
Hello Icrontic. I'm new here and wanted to see what games you guys are currently playing.

I am also just writing to introduce myself to you guys. I am StainMeNow's (aka Anne's) sister, you may remember her from such events as Icrontic LAN 2008 and <insert drunken gaming fest name here>. If you dont know her, its your loss. :) I have lurked around the site a little but recently decided to join in the fun. Another thing, I love games (video, pc, board, whatever) so I figured this would be a good place to start getting acquainted with folks.

So I will kick it off: as far as video games currently I am playing Braid, original Fable (which I somehow missed out on) and Civilization Revolutions. From time to time I will mess around with Mass Effect to clean up some acheivements I missed during the first go round.

I am really looking forward to the fall 08 season of gaming...seriously ... with Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Spore coming out ... I'm not sure when I will actually have time to work my real job. Maybe I will go on gaming sabbatical.

So whats up with you guys?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I just beat Final Fantasy II (the remake) on PSP, and I'm getting close to the end of Eternal Sonata on the 360. I started playing Guild Wars cause fatcat talked me into it, and also I play TF2. A lot.

Welcome to IC :p

Anne who?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I just finished Braid last night on XBox arcade. It was wonderful, and confusing.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    TF2 still gets the majority of my game time these days. It's just such a fun game to play with friends.

I've also started tooling around in WoW again after almost 3 years away from it. Nothing serious; not even level 20 yet with the character I started.

Other than that I recently played through Crysis and have started Beyond Good and Evil.

Welcome to Icrontic :cheers:
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I plan on buying a lot of games on XBLA in the very near future. Braid, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride are all on the list. I'm currently working on Eternal Sonata and killing people in Halo 3.

I need to get back on the TF2 train and could probably be convinced to put some time into Guild Wars as well.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    The World Ends With You on the DS is my poison right now. I can play it and catch the Olympics at the same time. Now if I could just figure out how to get my pins to evolve in game...
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    steadyflux wrote:
    From time to time I will mess around with Mass Effect to clean up some acheivements I missed during the first go round.

I've heard a lot of good things about Mass Effect and have been thinking about picking it up for PC. Yea or Nay?
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I've been logging phenomenal amounts of time on Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Also currently playing TF2, EVE Online, Odin Sphere, Luminous Arc, Revenant Wings, Phantasy Star Universe, and Lost Odyssey in descending order of time devoted to lately.

-drasnor :fold:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:
    I plan on buying a lot of games on XBLA in the very near future. Braid, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride are all on the list. I'm currently working on Eternal Sonata and killing people in Halo 3.

I need to get back on the TF2 train and could probably be convinced to put some time into Guild Wars as well.

I'm assuming that the only reason you didn't mention Catan is because you already have it....:cool: Why isn't your XBox handle it your profile?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    CB wrote:
    I'm assuming that the only reason you didn't mention Catan is because you already have it....:cool: Why isn't your XBox handle it your profile?

Gah! No, it wasn't listed because I forgot! I'll work on the XBL handle thing...need to get that sorted. Right now I'm using pragtastic's handle, but I think i should get one of my own.
  • steadyfluxsteadyflux Maryland Member
    edited August 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    I've heard a lot of good things about Mass Effect and have been thinking about picking it up for PC. Yea or Nay?

Mass Effect is win for me. I really enjoyed the storyline and character options. The elevators and loading is mildly annoying ... but the dialog and range of choices in character development (you can simultaneously level up paragon and renegade personality traits) make up for my small beefs. The only other slightly tedious part is that I spent alot of time tooling around alien worlds that all look *strangely* similar. I think they could have sprung for a few more building templates on all the side questing. If you aren't really into side quests, then you can really skip a large part of the galaxy exploration, but I honestly geek out on completing every stupid errand anyone asks of me.

A couple words on the PC version:

So I played through on the 360, but I have been reading a little about the PC port. Apparently they really did the game justice during the port and its supposed to be more than just a simple console to PC translation. They redid the user interface to a great extent to really make the best use of the keyboard.

When I played Oblivion on the PC I was really annoyed by the obvious hack job the Bethesda did on porting it ... all the menus were clunky and inefficient to me .. scrolling through dozens of stupid submenus to get to what I needed. I know this game is being sold on both consoles and PCs ... but I have an entire keyboard, not just a few buttons!

The other big plus for the PC version is that the expansion "Bring Down the Sky" mission is free for PC ($5 for 360).

Verdict:

Ultimately, it's a beautiful, deep and engaging game and I'm anxious for the sequel and playing it on the PC should be really awesome.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Team Fortress 2

But I've also been putting some hours into Titan Quest: Immortal Throne since Diablo3 was announced and for some reason I just cant quit Guild Wars.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Halo 2, World of Warcraft here.
  • steadyfluxsteadyflux Maryland Member
    edited August 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    TF2 still gets the majority of my game time these days. It's just such a fun game to play with friends.

I've also started tooling around in WoW again after almost 3 years away from it. Nothing serious; not even level 20 yet with the character I started.

Other than that I recently played through Crysis and have started Beyond Good and Evil.

Welcome to Icrontic :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome. I got that WoW monkey off my back for the time being but WotLK might be worth checking into.

Beyond Good and Evil was definitely a fun time! I have been meaning to check out the sequel trailer, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    In what little time I have, I've been playing Okami (wii), Boom Blox (Wii), Braid (360), Geometry Wars 2 (360), The world ends with you (DS), Beyond good and evil (Steam/PC), and Uplink (Steam/PC).
    (I jump around from game to game a -lot-)
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I've been playing WoW with some friends, but mainly I still play TF2 and CoD4 online. Also recently reinstalled (and beat) Diablo2 for the umpteenth time.

Next up I am going to play through the entire Homeworld series followed by the Dungeon Siege series.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    BG&E whooooooooo (just finished it the other week). What a good game.

Right now dominated by TF2. Waiting for Gears 2, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, etc and so forth. Lots good coming out, actually. OH! And LittleBigPlanet. Stupid screens look so fantastic.
  • edited August 2008
    I just started a new Barbarian on Diablo II, and I can't wait for D3 and GTA Vice. Will only get to start playing newer titles on the pc when I'm finished building my rig. =|
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I've been playing alot of Ultima Online lately. On free shards!
  • edited August 2008
    I just beat Final Fantasy II (the remake) on PSP . .

I can't find the tolerance to play more than a half-hour on any signal game with my PSP. >_<

I usually get some good 10 minute Einhander action and I'm done. There should be an updated port for the psp of that game, but there is R Type, I suppose.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited August 2008
    Bowling Buddies on Facebook! ;)
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Just installed Supreme Commander and I like it

Team Fortress 2 is always there
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4, my new favorite game.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Lord Canti wrote:

QFT
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    mas0n wrote:

I got it yesterday and it is a really good time. If you liked Knights of the Old Republic, 1 or 2, then you will like Mass Effect. So far it seems like a really well developed and defined universe with lots of speech options with NPC's and lots of little sidequests.

The interface does seem pretty well done. I'm not quite used to pausing the game and doling out orders to squadmates yet. I prefer to just attack in real time FPS style. So far the game has been well worth my time :thumbsup:
    Lord Canti wrote:

Did you beat it twice yet? or three times? Did you eat or sleep when you played through it?:tongue:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Currently playing through Halo 3, while also working to finish off Bad Company and Mass Effect. Next up I will begin on Fable via the 360 marketplace before buying Fable 2. I also look forward to spore and fallout 3. But I have lots of games I wanna try out and too little time.
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited August 2008
    *Dusts off her user name*

Hey guys! I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 right now and it replaced The World Ends With You, (Buddy J, there's a whole system to upgrade buttons... I'd trade some if I could figure out how other than being there in local lan), and looking towards Diablo III.

Vaguely playing with the idea of resurrecting my FFXI toon for shiggles, (I know some people STILL playing), but probably will not take that masochistic route due to laziness...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    It's good to see you around, JLunar. :)
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited August 2008
    XD The last computer I built was the one I spec'd out with you guys. It's about time to rebuild... (well, long past, but no matter...)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Welcome back!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Hey JLunar, welcome back!