Cooling:
Zalman Reserator kit + XSPC 120 radiator

Core temps (idle/load):
CPU - 57/70
GPU - 57/80C to 90C

Coolant temp
In 35.5
Out 36.5

What can be the cause of the large temperature difference between the cores and coolant? I use silver-based thermal grease, and the contact seems reasonable.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I would say improper contact.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Id say that it could be a combination of contact and the pump. If its the kit im thinking of its really only designed to cool a cpu. When you add the second radiator and a gpu block you are probably killing your water pressure.
  • edited August 2008
    Not only the extra resistance of the second waterblock is killing your pump, but also the reserator wasn't designed to handle that much heat load either. Even though you added and extra radiator, your loop might not be able to handle the heat load. You haven't specified the waterblocks you are using either or what kind of overclock you are running or what kind of ambient temps you are running the system in. Give us a little more info and maybe we can help you out more. :)

But definitely it sounds like you have problems with your contact between the waterblocks and the processor/gpu core on both the cpu and vid card.