Dell Blues part deux

AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
edited August 2008 in Hardware
sorry for the repeat but I wanted to make it a separate thread. My computer has once again **** its pants. It's a Dell Inspiron 1520 and I purchased it in December.

Upon starting, the Dell screen posts and the bar goes through. If you pick the two options (I forget what they are but it's f2 or f12) it says the menu is preparing but regardless of what you do, the next screen is a black screen with a flashing cursor.

Last time I was able to escape this hell by hitting f8 over and over again, until safe mode started. This time, no luck. Anything I can do? I just got off the phone and THEY said it sounds like the hard drive went, which is pretty distressing considering I beefed this thing up with everything I could and it cost me around 1500 bucks...

Help! Please!

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    head crash!
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited August 2008
    got it. After hours on the phone with dell, or at least whomever they're outsourcing to, I was instructed on how to take out the memory, hard drive, and optical drive, then replace them and start in safe mode. Crisis, averted. At least now I know that's an option!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    Well, it's Control F11 for the dell restore method with ghost.