RELP! Cant get HD to show up in order to instal XP64

edited August 2008 in Hardware
Motherboard: 110197 - Tyan S2895A2NRF K8WE Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE
Processor(x2): 12A437 - AMD Opteron 248 2.2GHz 1MB 64/32 Bit 940
Memory(x2): 140057-2 DDR (400) 3200 REG ECC - 2 GB (2 pcs 1GB)
OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX 2.2/EPS/SLI Power Supply
HD(x2) 200G|WD 7K 8M SATA2 WD2000JS
CD-ROM BENQ|656A BK 56X
DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S162L/BEBN BK
SOUND BLASTER|AUDIGY 2 ZS PCI
12n1 CRDRDR Linkskey LKA-CR15B RT
VGA EVGA 384-P3-N853-AR 8800GS 384M (Added On : VGA COOLER THERMALTAKE|CL-G0102 R)
This is my computer specs. I was running both hard drives as there own drive. Last night my main drive with the OS went "I hate life" on me and died. So I copied everything off the second hard drive in another computer and formatted the drive so it was completely clean. I placed it back in the pc so I could install XP64.

It does the normal boot from windows CD what not’s and then gets to the "Press Enter to install windows" menu. I hit enter and about a minute later it tells me "No drives connected to install windows" (This is not the exact message it gives me but I am at work right now so I cant write it word for word).

The first time I did this I had no issues getting the drive to be recognized right away to install windows, so this time around I am clueless as to what I need to do. I need to get this up ASAP so I can finish some freelance work. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    You need to slipstream SATA drivers into your Windows install CD. Windows XP can not find your drive because it does not natively know how to talk to SATA devices.
  • edited August 2008
    Thank you so much!! I will try this when i get home.
  • edited August 2008
    I am reading through the guide and i have come to a complication. Could i get assitance figuring out which drivers i should use for the SATA.
    edited August 2008
    Slipstream the contents of both the SATA_IDE and SATARAID folders in this zip file just like the article instructs. :) It's for your motherboard.

//edit: I just realized that there's no zip file attached to this post. :( My zip file is too big (by 1MB) to attach to the forums. I'd be glad to email it to you if you PM me your email address.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    If the choice is presented using nLite, should the Textmode or PnP versions be integrated for install purposes?
    edited August 2008
    PNP. I think the guide talks about that.
  • edited August 2008
    System is up and running. Now i just have to get the network ports to work *shrugs*

Thank you very much for your help!
    edited August 2008
    Well, hell, what do you know. :D

I'm glad I could help!