Socket 939 mobo and Opteron 165 for sale.

edited October 2008 in Trading Post
I've been upgrading my Seti farm and I am retiring my last 2 socket 939 systems from the farm. I have this one for sale now and in a few days more I will have the last one for sale; just letting it finish up the wu's queued up for processing Here's what I am presently selling:

Motherboard - Biostar T-Force 4 SLI - $60 shipped
This board isn't a real good HTT overclocker, which limited my Opteron 165 in what it could run at. It will run fine all day long at 280 HTT or under, but shuts down completely at random times (and fairly quickly, in 5 minutes or so) at higher HTT speeds. It powers down just like you hit the power switch and doesn't lock up or anything like that. Other than that it's a great, stable board. I also pulled the nb sink off when cleaning it up for sale and reapplied AS Ceramique to it and also verified the nb fan still runs ok. This is a link to Biostar's page on the mobo. Here's some pics of the board and what also comes with it:
computerparts004ahb4.jpg
computerparts006abx9.jpg
computerparts009avv2.jpg
computerparts010atj7.jpg

Processor - Opteron 165, stepping is CCBBE 0617FPMW - $100 shipped, bought 12/30/2006 from Newegg
This proc is a much better overclocker than the above board could do. I used to run it at 300 X 9 in my old EP-9NDA3+ board with less than 1.4v vcore until it died and I really don't know what it's max clock speed was because it was a cruncher and not my main rig. Of course YMMV on overclocking as always and I only guarrantee stock speeds out of it. Also, it comes with the stock hsf too but it isn't the 4 heatpipe sink unfortunately. As you will see in the pics, this hsf never has been used. Here's some pics of the proc and heatsink for you to look at:
computerparts018aic8.jpg
computerparts021ade0.jpg
computerparts022aoy0.jpg
computerparts024aql1.jpg

If you want mobo and proc as a combo the price will be $150 shipped.

Methods of payment accepted are by non-CC/Debit PayPal or USPS money order. These prices are good for US continental 48 states and I will ship to Alaska or Hawaii if you make up the difference. Shipping will be by USPS insured or UPS insured, which ever is cheaper for me. Other arrangements can be made for faster shipping if you make up the difference.

Thank you for looking at my stuff.:)

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Price drop on the mobo to $55 shipped

Combo price is $145 shipped.

:grumble::grumble:Can't update original post, stupid rule! Forums much bigger than this get by without this.:grumble::grumble:
  • edited September 2008
    Price drop.

Motheroard is now $50 shipped and the processor is now $95 shipped.

Combo price is $135 shipped.

And a between hurricanes bump.:(
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    seti?

ban plox.
  • edited October 2008
    All sold elsewhere.