EVE online

edited September 2008 in Gaming
a couple weeks ago i discovered EVE online. i played the 2 week trial account. i enjoyed it and im thinking of buying the full versoin ($30 first month and $20 every month after that). but im not sure whether i should or not because im on a tight budget. does anyone know whether its good or could recommend something else.

i have a week or so to think about it as im on holiday in peru atm. any suggestions?

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I really don't reccomend it, I paid for one month using the Steam special offer ($14.95) and regretted it. I DID hear though that you can pay for accounts using ISK. Time codes are sold on the forums (legally, I might add) for millions of ISK. I'm on a tight budget too and won't be paying for another month :tongue: It's a good idea but point-and-click MMO shooters aren't where it should have gone, I think.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I played eve a lot back in the day (the day being before trinity)

the game in increadibly in depth, and takes a lot of time a paitence to play. Ive tried getting back into it at least 5 times but its just wayyy too time intensive for me >.<

You can always train skills while your offline, but then you have to be in-game to get money to make sure your skills are going to good use.

If you can get into it, its a beautiful game that incredibly in-depth and a blast to pirate miners and have them cry for you =p
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I remember Beta testing this game WAAAAAAAAAY back in the day. Was fairly impressed with it, but never got the full game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    a couple weeks ago i discovered EVE online. i played the 2 week trial account. i enjoyed it and im thinking of buying the full versoin ($30 first month and $20 every month after that). but im not sure whether i should or not because im on a tight budget. does anyone know whether its good or could recommend something else.

i have a week or so to think about it as im on holiday in peru atm. any suggestions?

That's entirely up to your budget; I don't think it's a choice we can make for you. I can say that if I had found EVE before WoW, I'd be playing EVE. EVE is actually challenging while WoW... Isn't. At all.
  • edited August 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    That's entirely up to your budget; I don't think it's a choice we can make for you. I can say that if I had found EVE before WoW, I'd be playing EVE. EVE is actually challenging while WoW... Isn't. At all.

i wasnt asking you to choose for me i was asking for your opinion on the game and whether you would play the game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Thankfully I did both. ;)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    i played eve, great game 20 a month is steep tho. I actually play lineage II 20 bucks for the game 3 months free and 15 a month. I like it cause it mostly korean gamers and when i get on the servers arent crapped out
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Used to play EVE had to get myself off as I was playing it more than I was living life. Game is still great from what I hear. I just saw my first EVE commercial thoug today which reminded me of this thread :P