latest Sil3112 update?

soothsayersoothsayer CT., USA
edited September 2008 in Hardware
I just downloaded and installed the latest Sil3112 drivers from Windows Update and when I rebooted the pc saw no hard drives. I rebooted with my XP Pro disc in it and pressed F6 and loaded the Sil3112 drivers but windows still can't see my 2 160G satas that were in a Raid1 config. Not sure what to do next? Flash the bios on the motherboard but I think I've got the latest?

The same evening before this happened I used a Vantec IDE/Sata to USB2.0 adapter with an 80G hard drive that worked at first but it changed to an unrecognised USB adapter. It then wouldn't be recognised by other pc's in the house. I exchanged it for a Coolmax adapter of the same kind and my other pc's now see it just fine. Could this defective adapter have blown up something on the mobo?
The motherboard on this machine is an Asus P4G8X Deluxe. :sad2:

Comments

• soothsayersoothsayer CT., USA
    edited September 2008
    I just installed a pci sata controller and everything works! Looks like the onboard sata controller died. Any ideas on how to bring it back to life?:tongue:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Replace the motherboard. :-/
  • soothsayersoothsayer CT., USA
    edited September 2008
    I think that's the final solution. Everything else seems to work OK with the pci card so that might be my solution since the motherboard sata had 2 ports and the pci has 4 + 2 eSata's. Thanks:)